Man Utd v Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe that Park is played soley because he is Korean and nothing to do with his footballing ability? Unreal.

No, read my post again. I said he was a grafter, that in itself is an ability. Its something that players like Berbatov cant do.
And yes he plays because of the commercial side of things. Do you not understand how big Man U are in the far east:102:
Do you think Real Madrid signed Beckham soley because he was a good player. Bollocks he sold shirts. Unreal.

No, read my post again. I said he was a grafter, that in itself is an ability. Its something that players like Berbatov cant do.
And yes he plays because of the commercial side of things. Do you not understand how big Man U are in the far east:102:
Do you think Real Madrid signed Beckham soley because he was a good player. Bollocks he sold shirts. Unreal.

Yeah I have read your post again and you indicate he plays only because he is big in the far east! Unreal.

Guardilo must have watched the 4-1 manure-liverpool game and based his game plan on that - ferguson most likely watched neighbours thinking that inesta and henry were also probably out and that it was a walk in the park(no pun intended).

Benitez made the same mistake in 2006 in athens - a little bit of over confidence.

I don't think arrogance had anything to do with, truth is on the big night, United froze and their big players didn't influence the game. Barca were streets ahead and I think it has shown Sir Alex that the likes of Giggs, Anderson, Carrick, Park are good players but are sadly past their sell by date or not good enough to compete at the very top level. Men against boys last night.

Ji-Sung Park isn't much of a presence. He's ok in the group stages against teams like Aalborg, but there's not enough quality against a decent midfield.

When people start realising the actual reason he play's for Man Utd they may not expect him to be any where near as good as the rest of the team.

Having said that, the rest of the team were equally as shit last night, especially Rio and Big Bird, and it was a ****ing pleasure to watch.

The single most enjoyable game I've watched on TV for a long time

And even more joy to watch it on the news this morning, and listen to disgruntled rags crying about it all over again on the radio

Super stuff :038:

I think a few of you will be eating your words tonight; I can really see Man Utd winning comfortably tonight.

:icon_lol:

Piece of piss.

Ferguson is too arrogant for his own good. Decided to give Park, Anderson a game because they missed out last time but leaves Scholes on the bench. :icon_roll

I've never rated Vidic or Rio...Barca put pressure on both of them but neither of them could pass wind...powerful and strong but nil brain.

Magic game....what a performance. Who says Messi can't head? Steve Howard esque!

Not many comments on Messi's goal? Very few players would manage to do that, with his size and actually bending backwards in the air, magic.

Great cross as well.

Fergie got the tactics totally wrong last night, that's why they got stuffed IMO. How on earth you don't let Ronaldo loose on Silvinho is beyond me, with Rooney and Berbatov in the middle. Carrick had a shocker for me last night and Anderson was a mad choice on the left-hand-side also, should have had Giggs there and Scholes with Carrick.

The way Manure started I thought they were on for a landslide, but when Barca scored, wow, what a difference.
From kings to paupers in seconds!
Suggetstion to Fergie, get rid of Berbatov, Ronaldo, Vidic, Anderson, Nani and Ferdinand. keep Tevez.

Worrying from an England point of view how inept Pug and Shrek were, and Carrick is no Gerrard with his long passing!

Better team won on the night.

I've never rated Vidic or Rio...Barca put pressure on both of them but neither of them could pass wind...powerful and strong but nil brain.

Magic game....what a performance. Who says Messi can't head? Steve Howard esque!

I agree on the Rio side. He is an average player and i've always thought that. There are 5-6 better english centerhalfs than him.

I do rate Vidic though but granted he was shit yesterday. They all were. Carrick was fecking awful and another player that is over rated.

I'd love to see Iniesta, Yaya and Xavi in the premier league i must admit. Quality players.

I can see why Spain are the current champions of Europe with Xavi and Iniesta in the team.

I didn't really care who won out of the 2. Barca were the best team. I just didn't want to see Platini's big grin as he was handing out the medals!

I agree on the Rio side. He is an average player and i've always thought that. There are 5-6 better english centerhalfs than him.

I do rate Vidic though but granted he was shit yesterday. They all were. Carrick was fecking awful and another player that is over rated.

I'd love to see Iniesta, Yaya and Xavi in the premier league i must admit. Quality players.

I can see why Spain are the current champions of Europe with Xavi and Iniesta in the team.

I didn't really care who won out of the 2. Barca were the best team. I just didn't want to see Platini's big grin as he was handing out the medals!

Platini is God! Always will be.

Made me laugh all that horseshit before the game....this is a makeshift back four.....hahaha.

Ahh, but a quality footballer should be able to adapt to any position (barr goalie) and be able to use both feet! (Or so I thought)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669