Man Utd v Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it'll be 1-1 as that would practically win me the Prediction Cup title, then obviously Barça to win it.

Sorry for double post, just wanted to add:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, GOLGOLGOLGOLGOL!

Messi is showing that he is better than Ronaldo so far.

Yoonited's line up and tactics are poor - Sir Alex has picked far too many average players, especially in midfield (Anderson, Park, Giggs).

Man Utd to stroll this.

Ahem....Told ya'...

Ridiculous tactics. How on Earth you don't let Rooney have a go up front is beyond me, Park was awful, carrick awful, how can you not let Ronaldo have a go at Silvinho is beyond me. Too arrogant Manure.

Eric Cantona, Clayton Blackmore, Lee Martin, Brian McClair, Mark Hughes, Jesper Blomqvist, Andrei Kanchelskis, Bobby Charlton, Norman Whiteside, Brian Kidd, Lee Sharpe, Quinton Fortune, Gary Pallister. Your Boys took one hell of a beating!

Barcelona fully deserved that win. They outplayed Manure for the majority of the game.

And I loved watching Ronaldo slowly lose it... :icon_lol:

Best team won and proved who the best player in the world is, step forward Mr Stevie Howard ;)

Puyol is a total cock though.

Well played Barca thoroughly deserved win. Man Utd were battered. As for all the hype about Messi and Ronaldo, Iniesta stole the show asbolute quality. People shouldn't be fooled though as Ronaldo is better than Messi!

Seldom have i saw a Man U team look so outpassed and outclassed
It just didnt look right for them, maybe there were too many cracks to paper over.
Ronaldo wants out, Tevez's future uncertain, Anderson not good enough, Giggs and Scholes passed the peak of their powers, and Rooney wasted on the wing. None of them able to inspire.
Man U were like the playground bully where everyone is supposed to lie down and bow to the almighty. The moment they came up against a team that wasnt intimidated by them, they froze and bottled it.
Barca thoroughly deserved it.

Last edited:
It just didnt look right for them, maybe there were too many cracks to paper over.
Ronaldo wants out, Tevez's future uncertain, Anderson not good enough, Giggs and Scholes passed the peak of their powers, and Rooney wasted on the wing. None of them able to inspire.
Man U were like the playground bully where everyone is supposed to lie down and bow to the almighty. The moment they came up against a team that wasnt intimidated by them, they froze and bottled it.

Agree with everyone one of them, also I don't think John O'Shea is good enough.

Ji-Sung Park isn't much of a presence. He's ok in the group stages against teams like Aalborg, but there's not enough quality against a decent midfield.

I actually rate Park, scored a goal last round, and a good player I think.

Tonight, he was (as was the whole United midfield) totally outplayed.

True.

But it begs the question of what the hell are the 'Champions of the World' doing with such a poor midfield? You can't even compare the likes of Park and Anderson to Iniesta and Xavi. Carrick was just hitting hopeless balls up top, and United's best midfielder was shoved up front whilst their best attacker was on the wing. Fergie has lost the plot.

To be fair, I'm just basing my opinion on a few games i've seen this season. What i've seen of him, he hasn't been worth his salt. Tonight, he was (as was the whole United midfield) totally outplayed.

Park is just a grafter.

Imo he only plays because commercially Man U are massive in the far east.

Everyone has been saying how great their squad is If Ronaldo walks and others retire I think they will be average next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669