"Manager Speaks" - The Fall of Martin Allen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post NF.

I only heard about MA standing on the pitch Yesterday. The first thought that jumped into my head was "What an egostistical, self appreciating, big headed, manipulative prick".

I though the same TBH. We won so i wasn't bothered.

I thought that when he did it - it really pissed me off actually

Now I understand why he did it. It was a desperate attempt to force Milan's hand - but he underestimated just how ruthless the bloke is

Big mistake

Agreed.

There are pretend b-sta-ds and real b-sta-ds.

Allen found out which sort Milan is.

He's gone now - so bring on the next one. One thing it's great stuff at Leicester these days....one defeat and your'e out. We've been tolerant of poor results for far too long.

i'll put it simply, MILAN MANDARIC = C*NT.....

yes we have his money and yes if he goes we can't afford the new players' wages, im not stupid, but, getting rid of a man with such passion and desire was, in my opinion, a ridiculous decision especially this early on in the season. We NEED someone with his sort of firepower and determinaton and if we get a prick like Glenn Roeder, or Megson, i'm afraid it wll be a very boring season, one with no adventure or suspense and above all, we'll probably end up mid table, rather than pushing for promotion. At east with Allen in charge we had that belief that we were going somewhere and he was 110% determined to get the best from the players and provide us, the paying audience, with a spectacle to enjoy until the next game. i.e standing on the pitch before Watford and getting us fired up, then stuffing them 4-1! I just hope Mandaric can sort this mess out TODAY!!! :mad:

Lazzer can I please have special dispensation in this case?

i'll put it simply, MILAN MANDARIC = C*NT.....

yes we have his money and yes if he goes we can't afford the new players' wages, im not stupid, but, getting rid of a man with such passion and desire was, in my opinion, a ridiculous decision especially this early on in the season.

an understatement there olip6....

Great post NF.

I only heard about MA standing on the pitch Yesterday. The first thought that jumped into my head was "What an egostistical, self appreciating, big headed, manipulative prick", so I stopped thinking about myself for a moment and thought about MA instead and I still drew the same conclusion.

the word cnut was my first thought, it was also the second and third as well.

Lazzer can I please have special dispensation in this case?

Lazz told me to keep an eye on you 'til he gets back Alex.

Go for it son, don't hold back, no mercy.
It's what he would have wanted.

an understatement there olip6....

ALRIGHT jeeees, wud everyone just calm the fcuk down!?!?? im just a little bit emotional that allen has gone!!!! well, i was, now im over it.....

can we all just hug it out? or.. :tumbleweed:

But if we do actually get there I couldn't give a toss - and neither will most of the 'outraged' and 'devastated' fans we have heard from over the last 48 hours

Surely, there's more involved than just getting to the Prem: we won't, or at least shouldn't, spend multi millions on a new team when we get to the top division. We need to do this in a similar style to Reading. Build the basis of a team that is good enough, and has enough confidence in its ability to stay in the league for that first crutial year.

Surely, there's more involved than just getting to the Prem: .

Not in my opinion, no

Everything else is on the 'desirable' list - nice free flowing football/ young local players instead of old has-beens / don't spend a fortune on fees or wages etc. etc. etc

The ONLY essential is actually getting up there

The constant message im geting from within the club is that it was a players revolt that forced out allen.they didnt like the tough regime

Crikey, you are really having to work for your bonus!!

For balance, lets reiterate:

The departure of MA is down to the interference of MM in team selection and his insistence on bringing in players, regardless of whether they were wanted or rated by the manager.

There has been pressure on MA to play certain players, who he believed were below the required standard.

Fair play to MA, he has been strong enough to resist but he has paid the penalty.

Would MA have been successful this season? We'll never know.
However, we do know that a quality manager will not accept this situation.

Other theories are inaccurate and some are possibly 'planted' in an attempt to discredit MA.

The constant message im geting from within the club is that it was a players revolt that forced out allen.they didnt like the tough regime

Seriously?

I thought as much. I have it on good authority that the reason MM wanted to get rid of MA was more in what players (good ones) were complaining about. Could it be that the 'tough' regime may have (in some people's eyes) pushed Clarke to the edge medically?

Imagine the revolt then.

Seriously?

I thought as much. I have it on good authority that the reason MM wanted to get rid of MA was more in what players (good ones) were complaining about. Could it be that the 'tough' regime may have (in some people's eyes) pushed Clarke to the edge medically?

Imagine the revolt then.

I find this all worrying. I want our players to work harder than anyone elses. Aren't we all fed up with the fitness problems we've had of late?

I also want them to know that there are behaviours expected of them and that transgressing these standards will not be tolerated.

Here's an idea - why not set up a brand new thread about why Martin Allen was sacked (preferably with your own wild idea thrown in for good measure) ?

Would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469