Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, we are second in the table at Christmas. A fantastic start to the season and a side full of excitement and talent.

However, that was so frustrating. It feels as though we played entirely into their hand and stood back and admired. For me Brendan needs to really look at himself and his tactics after that showing.

Brendan failed to deal with how they were causing us problems through KDB and Mahrez, left Tielemans on way too long, really poor day

Not good. I felt Rodgers left it far too late to make changes. I don't think we've got enough quality out wide. Perez was a massive disappointment today. They worked their socks off but our pressing seemed a bit half arsed in comparison.

Poor tactically from us and a load of poor performances because of it.

They hardly played down the middle. Meaning the Ndidi wall was bypassed and exposing the defensive weakness of your full backs who where completely isolated. Barnes and Perez were poor. As was Tielemans.

To compete with the top teams we need more attacking threat on the wings.

An absolute pile of shit and very lucky to get away with three

Perez and Tielemans we’re hopeless, Barnes was out of his depth, and Chilwell completely destroyed by his own shit positioning

Should have changed the whole thing at half time but just carried on with completely the wrong set up and approach. Not quite sure what Brendan thought would change, when we were being royally shafted

Absolutely murdered

So, so poor. Defensively we were a mess with the exception of Evans. The midfield were so sloppy in possession it's unreal and we didnt seem to change at all after HT. We were happy just waiting for wave upon wave of attack to come our way. Changes should have been made much earlier and going forward, we must, must spend money in January to bring in a wide player or two and a striker.

Had our tummies tickled. **** all positive from that game but still reckon we're good for top 4. Next time we play someone with a good right winger we need to change the back four. Chilwell was absolutely hopeless.

An absolute pile of shit and very lucky to get away with three

Perez and Tielemans we’re hopeless, Barnes was out of his depth, and Chilwell completely destroyed by his own shit positioning

Should have changed the whole thing at half time but just carried on with completely the wrong set up and approach. Not quite sure what Brendan thought would change, when we were being royally shafted

Absolutely murdered
Chilwell was where he was because no one tracked KDB, had he gone wide KDB would have been in acres of space instead of Mahrez, pick you poison I suppose

Chilwell was where he was because no one tracked KDB, had he gone wide KDB would have been in acres of space instead of Mahrez, pick you poison I suppose

That is true to some extent, but watch his positioning when you get the chance.

It was ****ing dreadful

It was ****ing dreadful

Mahrez loves taking 10 touches before moving the ball. Today he could get to 30 before Chilwell got within 10ft of him.

So disappointed with our reaction when we went 3-1 down. Should have started Albrighton we need a right winger quickly Perez is lacking.
Great start to our season it will be good to hear everyone write us off so we can quietly go about our business.
Glass half full imo

Three. He'll only get a ban for accumulated yellow cards if he gets another seven by the 32nd league game of the season.

Well if we leave the poor bastard on his own again I would say that’s a certainty

It was ****ing dreadful
I was watching, I was screaming for Vrendan to change shape, drop Youri into a 2 with Wilf so he could track KDB

In hindsight,Man U doing them on the counter a few weeks ago, was probably the worst result for us.
Man City were just too good.
Some will probably come on here and make out our players and manager are the devils incarnate, but, let’s just take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
In the semi final of a cup, 2nd in the table. Looking good for champions league football next season.
Yep, they are all ****s and should be sacked

Last edited by a moderator:

You're right. But the central midfielder that was supposed to be in that position was Maddison. However, Maddison didn't track De Bruyne at all. He left it for Ndidi.

Bottom line is that our full backs and Ndidi desperately needed help so many times. The players ahead of them just left them to it and we were embarrassed as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669