Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers on Sky Sports: "In the first half we weren't good at all. It actually shows how well we've done to be where we are. Against that level of opponent it was a good lesson for us. No complaints about the result from me.
"We were a little more like ourselves in the second half but it showed there's a long way to go for this group of young players. When we did have the ball we showed we could hurt them. Like the goal, Jamie was outstanding all evening, it was a great pass by Harvey. But it shows there's a long way to go so tonight we have to keep that humility.
"We have to respect the quality of opposition we were against tonight. Technically they're on another level and Kevin De Bruyne was world class tonight.
"To be ahead of City at this stage of the season shows how well we've done. We were better second half and for us it's about that continual growth as a squad.

That was because of Barnes not chillwell

Barnes was definitely guilty of a lack of support to chilwell and overall effort today but Chilwell did cock all himself. I'd rather we played Fuchs in games when the opposition aren't duffers.

Barnes was definitely guilty of a lack of support to chilwell and overall effort today but Chilwell did cock all himself. I'd rather we played Fuchs in games when the opposition aren't duffers.
Fuchs would have struggled just as much as Chilwell as we simply failed to help him

Jesus, are some folk actually trying to defend that pile of shit served up by Chilwell? He was incredibly poor today. Okay he didn't get much support but his positioning was dreadful all game and that is a basic for any defender. He also got dispossessed several times while trying to shield the ball out which is a rookie error. He was dog shit as was Ricardo on the other side. When he isn't getting the chance to go forward, which he's brilliant at, Chilwell is a liability as a defender.

Tielemans needs a rest. Him and Perez were a different class of incompetent today.

We are simply not top two material at the moment. We are a very good premiership team, with potential to improve. I am so happy with our current position and so glad I,m not looking at Play off contender results in the Championship, or the mid table scrap, as was the case for most of the recent seasons. Footballers know their limits and I think we have found ours playing away at Liverpool and Man City. I hope we can respond against Liverpool at home, but think any top Four place will be brilliant this season. Some teams are just better than others and no ammount of moaning will change that. Come on City give us another great season, hopefully a cup or two and Champions League again next season.

Fuchs would have struggled just as much as Chilwell as we simply failed to help him
He most certainly wouldn't have. He'd have been in much better positions and he's a far, far superior defender. When we go into games knowing that we will have to defend for long periods, Chilwell is a major problem.

Well, the subtlety went over your head ;)

Not really

It‘s a post match thread and we comment on the game. A game in which we were awful, and a number of individual performances in this particular match was very poor indeed - as was the Manager’s approach to, and response during, the game

No one, ever, would dispute where we are right now, or what we have achieved this season so far - how great the Manager and team have been

All you do every match is fail to talk about the game, but instead scream about how bad it is to criticuse anybody when we are second in the League blah blah blah.

You did exactly the same when Puel was in charge, and we were all terrible fans in your eyes for daring to criticise the complete dogshit he served up - so we should be used to your complete hysterical guff by now

Unfortunately that's what happens when you are gutless and clueless at the same time.

Awful performance start to finish

He most certainly wouldn't have. He'd have been in much better positions and he's a far, far superior defender. When we go into games knowing that we will have to defend for long periods, Chilwell is a major problem.
Chilwell maintained his position in the back 4 just as Fuchs would have
Not convinced. Fuchs tries to do the simple things defensively and would have been in the same country as the man he is supposed to nullify.
how many games has Fuchs played where a midfielder pushed up as KDB did today with no one tracking him? Chilwell has a choice KDB or Mahrez he went with KDB as most would hoping Barnes would cover back more

Jesus, are some folk actually trying to defend that pile of shit served up by Chilwell? He was incredibly poor today. Okay he didn't get much support but his positioning was dreadful all game and that is a basic for any defender. He also got dispossessed several times while trying to shield the ball out which is a rookie error. He was dog shit as was Ricardo on the other side. When he isn't getting the chance to go forward, which he's brilliant at, Chilwell is a liability as a defender.

Tielemans needs a rest. Him and Perez were a different class of incompetent today.
I think it was two things... complete lack of protection against one of the best wingers in the League. Combined with a piss poor performance from him personally.

Not really

It‘s a post match thread and we comment on the game. A game in which we were awful, and a number of individual performances in this particular match was very poor indeed - as was the Manager’s approach to, and response during, the game

No one, ever, would dispute where we are right now, or what we have achieved this season so far - how great the Manager and team have been

All you do every match is fail to talk about the game, but instead scream about how bad it is to criticuse anybody when we are second in the League blah blah blah.

You did exactly the same when Puel was in charge, and we were all terrible fans in your eyes for daring to criticise the complete dogshit he served up - so we should be used to your complete hysterical guff by now
Should be, but obviously not ;)

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers on Sky Sports: "In the first half we weren't good at all. It actually shows how well we've done to be where we are. Against that level of opponent it was a good lesson for us. No complaints about the result from me.
"We were a little more like ourselves in the second half but it showed there's a long way to go for this group of young players. When we did have the ball we showed we could hurt them. Like the goal, Jamie was outstanding all evening, it was a great pass by Harvey. But it shows there's a long way to go so tonight we have to keep that humility.
"We have to respect the quality of opposition we were against tonight. Technically they're on another level and Kevin De Bruyne was world class tonight.
"To be ahead of City at this stage of the season shows how well we've done. We were better second half and for us it's about that continual growth as a squad.

I like the honesty. Basically they were better and shit all over us.

Miserable twats the lot of you.

De Bruyne and Mahrez were unplayable and both are better than any player in our squad.

We struggled, of course, but sometimes you have to give some credit to the opposition.

We definitively need a new winger. Perez and Barnes are really struggling.

Agree they're much better. But it's ridiculous that we'd allow Mahrez 1/4 of the pitch all to himself. The press we're normally good at was unbelievably half arsed today. Was against Norridge too. Certain players (Barnes and Perez?) Played as if they're waiting to be replaced which can't come quick enough IMO.

Agree they're much better. But it's ridiculous that we'd allow Mahrez 1/4 of the pitch all to himself. The press we're normally good at was unbelievably half arsed today. Was against Norridge too. Certain players (Barnes and Perez?) Played as if they're waiting to be replaced which can't come quick enough IMO.

Sure, I agree with most of that.

We of all clubs should know better than to leave one attacking full back to handle Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669