Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilwell maintained his position in the back 4 just as Fuchs would have

how many games has Fuchs played where a midfielder pushed up as KDB did today with no one tracking him? Chilwell has a choice KDB or Mahrez he went with KDB as most would hoping Barnes would cover back more
I suggest you watch his positioning again. The commentators were nothing but critical of it throughout the game. They were right. He may as well have laid out a red carpet and presented his arse at the end of it for Mahrez to do what he wished. Fuchs may not have given us much going forward but neither did Chilwell today. One thing Fuchs would have done is limited the space for Mahrez to work in because he's a proper defender.

Well we are quite clearly not one of the best two sides in the country. I do think we are one of the best four. And that’s some achievement for Leicester City.

We weren’t good enough today. I can accept that they are a better side than us. But that was true of last season, and the one before that. There are ways of beating them and we are good enough to deploy them. We just didn’t.

We barely pressed, and our passing was poor. The latter was probably a result of their excellent pressing. But you know they’re going to do that. We didn’t have anything resembling an answer to it.

I’m not worried in the context of the season, but I am annoyed at how we approached the game. We ceded authority from the opening seconds and I think that’s cowardly. We’ve done it a few times against ‘bigger’ clubs this season and it bothers me. We are at our best being aggressive.

In general I think we’ve looked a bit tired since the Everton win and that might partly explain some of what we saw this evening. Probably time to rest some players. After Boxing Day we have a run of games which ought to see us looking unassailable in the top four by the end of January. Let’s prioritise doing just that (and winning a cup!).

Away from the performance....I'd stopped watching shortly before the third. Did Pep whisper in any of our players ears after the game?

Away from the performance....I'd stopped watching shortly before the third. Did Pep whisper in any of our players ears after the game?
To be fair Maddison, Tielemans, Pereira and Chilwell did a good job of putting doubt into the minds of the watching scouts. Special mention to Chilwell who was especially awful.

To be fair Maddison, Tielemans, Pereira and Chilwell did a good job of putting doubt into the minds of the watching scouts. Special mention to Chilwell who was especially awful.
Chilwell was struggling from very early on. Why he wasn’t screaming out for help, I don’t know.
BR should have recognised this very early in the game.
Lessons hopefully will be learned

On a totally different note, watching the Sky coverage, Kelly is well worth a squirt

I've found a positive to take. It's that sort of performance that makes our next game a total write off that we'll now win because football is weird.

Rodgers has deservedly received plenty of praise this season, so its only right he receives deserved criticism.

His substitutions were comical. We were crying out for Praet and Albrighton to come on at half time for Tielemans and Perez. Then he brings Praet on at 3-1 down rather than Nacho. Unbelievable.

Perez has been a woeful signing. Apart from the Southampton game, he has literally done nothing.

Definitely credit needs to go to Man City who were class and I was very impressed with their pressing game today. But we also played a part in making them look good. Thankfully Kasper prevented it from becoming an embarrassment.

The most disappointing think is that they completely out worked us and had way more heart

If a defender does the same thing it's a penalty, it's ridiculous.

The miss was what was ridiculous, and cost us the game. Vardy put it on a plate 4 yards out and he almost entirely missed the ball. 2-2 at that point and its game on. Even if were second best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669