Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still bad for a lot of people. I tested positive three weeks ago, I was negative 16 days later but I still have symptoms. Just going upstairs leaves me out of breath. Apparently this can last for months. Could have been much worse though.
Same here, in reasonable shape, three jabs and six weeks later I still have zero energy.

I've lost count of the number of games Vardy has done bugger all in but then scored.

The mantra of a good striker is they in some games they will definitely **** all but pop up with a goal at a vital time.
24 goals. 5 years.

He does pop up with a goal. Doesn't excuse the comedy shit we see from him more than 50% of the time.

Decent enough as a backup now and then. That's the end of the story with him though.

Bertrand looked bloody good in preseason, but got covid [the bad one] never seemed to recover
Sorry I'm not having that, we've seen nothing to suggest it was a bad case of covid and getting a temporary illness doesn't usually cause players to sink to sunday league levels of ability. He's just shite and long past it, no excuses

I've lost count of the number of games Vardy has done bugger all in but then scored.
Depends what you mean by bugger all, if you mean scoring or not having chances then true. If you mean being the link with midfield, running down defenders, running into gaps, linking up with the wingers then I think you could count them on one hand… and that’s what Nacho does not or cannot do…

Depends what you mean by bugger all, if you mean scoring or not having chances then true. If you mean being the link with midfield, running down defenders, running into gaps, linking up with the wingers then I think you could count them on one hand… and that’s what Nacho does not or cannot do…
He is a link in midfield though. That's one of his strengths, which he showed today many times. He created a chance for us at the end of the match by holding up the ball brilliantly but Maddison ****ed up the cross at the end of it.

He is a link in midfield though. That's one of his strengths, which he showed today many times. He created a chance for us at the end of the match by holding up the ball brilliantly but Maddison ****ed up the cross at the end of it.

I just don’t see it, for me he seems to slow things down or loses it. Obviously some on here think he has it in him to step into Vardy’s shoes as the main man… I hope you’re right.

It’s not as simple as replacing Vardy. That isn’t possible. No more than replacing Kante or Mahrez was.

We build a team around our strengths. Nacho is one of them.

Marriner decided it wasn't dangerous and I recall a couple of similar ones (...) It was very borderline. I think had it been the other way round, the ref would probably have given it as a red but that's the nature of playing at Old Trafford. VAR doesn't change this
Well it ****ing well should. If VAR doesn't rule out the unfairness what's its point. Sitting in isolation many miles away from the stadium, the video ref has no excuse for being a homer.

The thing with Nacho is he might be comedy gold at times whilst a football sometimes appears to be alien to him, but he scores goals and that's what matters the most for a striker, there's plenty of teams in this league that need someone to score goals and Nacho would improve alot of teams, it would be a mistake to sell him this summer

Well it ****ing well should. If VAR doesn't rule out the unfairness what's its point. Sitting in isolation many miles away from the stadium, the video ref has no excuse for being a homer.

Your expectation of VAR is totally unrealistic.

I think that VAR has been very successful. It has largely removed cheating and wrongly allowed or disallowed goals.

But the game has always had rules which are subject to interpretation. That challenge is a perfect example of one that must allow some freedom of interpretation from the referee. There are too many variables in open play to expect otherwise. His decision that the challenge wasn't worthy of a red card is a reasonable one. That's why VAR didn't intervene.

There's also got to be some consideration for the fact he was after the ball and the man utd player just intended to obstruct by sitting on the ball.
That was my thought, the defender lost control of the ball, stumbled and tried to sit on it, but yes Nacho did make contact with his leg before the ball.

Whoops, got a bit loud when goal was disallowed, forgot had my headphones on when I called the ref a ****ing ****.
Wonder if my neighbours are still speaking

Vardy may be one of the best strikers we've had but think back on some of the great strikers in our past. I do like (and get annoyed with) Nacho but it does us a disservice to think we have to settle for him.
Do you think a club like us can just go out and replace Vardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566