Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Youri?

Just not the player he was 18 months ago.

his passing is absolutely shit!

The fact Mendy was 3rd in the pile......**** sake

He wasn't.

We needed to get rid of Choudhury or Mendy in the summer.
Newcastle wouldn't pay for Choudhury. We had an offer for Mendy to go out on loan, so that's the choice that was made. By the time the loan fell through the deadline for naming the squad had gone.

Mendy was our man of the match. It makes me laugh when I recall all those on here, and there were lots, who consistently said he was crap. Can't see further than the end of their noses. I'm still laughing.

Completely agree with you I just do not see Nacho as the main man for us, as part of a front two absolutely whether or not BR thinks this remains to be seen. Has BR played Nacho and Daka together I can not remember?

They have and it wasn't great. Nachos is a great support striker for us. We'd be daft go get rid. We definitely will need to get another forward in but if we're chucking one out of the door it should not be Ian. The main worry is we'll never play 2 up top and not have a forward who can play there.

Today highlighted once again how horrific our transfer business was last summer.

We have five players out injured, one of whom is Bertrand who looked Sunday league level until his knee did us all a favour and collapsed on him.

We pick twenty in the squad today and the two senior absentees are Soumare and Vestergaard. Despite occasional positive signs from each of them this season, there is no doubt that they've both been horrific additions on current evidence.

The other two additions are named on the bench. Daka has potential no question. He had a decent run in Oct/Nov but since he's been poor. He looks like he's got a lot to learn still. It was a very big punt to spend over £20m on him.

Lookman was only a loan but signing a left winger to play on the right was idiotic. He's useless there and a waste of time being here. Yet again, we've fecked up recruitment on that side. He's fine as a second left winger but what is the point of spending £15m on that? Same as Under for me, flashes of talent but ultimately no good.
If you look at some of the quotes on our buys, before the season started, plenty were more than happy with the 5.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !

He wasn't.

We needed to get rid of Choudhury or Mendy in the summer.
Newcastle wouldn't pay for Choudhury. We had an offer for Mendy to go out on loan, so that's the choice that was made. By the time the loan fell through the deadline for naming the squad had gone.

I know we were trying to offload him, which is even worse tbh. Is there any reason we could have not registered Soumare and named Mendy in the squad and risked having a 24 men squad?

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells Sky Sports: "I thought we were very good in large spells of the game. We started well and could have bene precise with our passing but in the main the positioning and movement was good. The second half we scored a couple of great goals, their keeper makes a great save and we are bitterly disappointed not to get the goal.

"Raphael Varane has used his experience, he gets the contact and goes down. There were opportunities for them to clear it but we were deserving of that.

"Every week we are seeing this types of actions, we felt we deserved to win the game.

"We had one in the season when Ayoze Perez was sent off, that one was similar, the ball gets way he has to make a challenge. We got the yellow.

"Jonny Evans' calf tightened up after the international game but I was very happy with the team and back to where we have been the last few years. Playing good football and looking a threat.

"It was a good performance away here, disappointed to not win and that is always a good sign. The football was very good but we passed it well a lot of the time and got into some good areas. But for a decision, we would have won the game."

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !

That's what we employ a recuitment team and analytical team for. They are supposed to know absolutely everything about prospective signings. No fan is properly equipped to know whether a signing is good or not. I was one of many City fans that thought we'd chucked a million quid away on Vardy for example. But Steve Walsh knew what he was doing.

Employing Congerton was a massive error by Whelan and Rudkin.

We could have done that. But that was before we knew how bad Soumare was going to be.

I've seen enough of him to worry it took us a while. Junior Lewis looked decent for about 90 minutes at most.

We'll sell him this summer and I don't expect there to be any shortage of suitors.

He'll then go on and score plenty of goals for whoever is smart enough to sign him and play him regularly.

Then we'll wonder why on earth we sold him.
He won't though. He really won't.

That's what we employ a recuitment team and analytical team for. They are supposed to know absolutely everything about prospective signings. No fan is properly equipped to know whether a signing is good or not. I was one of many City fans that thought we'd chucked a million quid away on Vardy for example. But Steve Walsh knew what he was doing.

Employing Congerton was a massive error by Whelan and Rudkin.
Bertrand looked bloody good in preseason, but got covid [the bad one] never seemed to recover.
Vesti was bought in as 5th choice CB, His style of play was more for a back to the wall, not a high defensive line.
Daka, and Soumare were bought in as investments but due to injuries, played more games than were expected this season.
Lookman was a try before you buy, and has not been that bad, but more a back up for Harvey

Whilst it is easy to blame our recruiting, you have to look at the unprecedented injuries.

A lot of people thought that after his first year with us. So is it fair to judge other signings after less than a year?

To an extent, I agree on Soumare and Daka. Both have the potential to be good players for us. The other three don't.

On Soumare, the mistake isn't necessarily signing him, it's bringing him in and bombing our Praet and Mendy who were far better options in the short term. Signing Soumare and sending him on loan would have made more sense.

On Daka, who knows? We needed another forward and having someone like him as a third option has been fine. But he's not improved us this season and that's the point I'm trying to make really. We brought in five players and they've not made us any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669