Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Counterpoint. He scored the goals that got us in Europe last season and was one of the primary reasons we won the FA Cup. His goals per minute record is largely unmatched in the premier league and he will play his entire career at the top level of the game.

He’s a good premier league striker who has delivered goals to Leicester time and again.

And yes, he looks like a silly old sod sometimes.
The majority of which came last season, with Vardy up front with him. He cannot play up top alone… he will be a squad player for a Prem team, but he’s not a main man.

Just to point out he was still significantly better than Barnes who was a disgrace. How he stayed on I don’t know.

I can see why the goal was disallowed (even if it annoys me), what I can’t see is how it wasn’t a red for McTominay. That was so blatant it’s ridiculous.

C

Counterpoint. He scored the goals that got us in Europe last season and was one of the primary reasons we won the FA Cup. His goals per minute record is largely unmatched in the premier league and he will play his entire career at the top level of the game.

He’s a good premier league striker who has delivered goals to Leicester time and again.

We'll sell him this summer and I don't expect there to be any shortage of suitors.

He'll then go on and score plenty of goals for whoever is smart enough to sign him and play him regularly.

Then we'll wonder why on earth we sold him.

We'll sell him this summer and I don't expect there to be any shortage of suitors.

He'll then go on and score plenty of goals for whoever is smart enough to sign him and play him regularly.

Then we'll wonder why on earth we sold him.
Newcastle at a guess. We shouldn’t settle for a penny under 40 million. We will though. And we will miss him.

Sooner sell just about anybody else bar Fofana or Maddison.

I can see why the goal was disallowed (even if it annoys me), what I can’t see is how it wasn’t a red for McTominay. That was so blatant it’s ridiculous.

Well.....have you heard of the ESL, the big 6 and how 5 subs is fine?

Cudawudashuda but hey, 10 points from the last 5 Premier League games with the final sprint coming up. Our priority is simple so let's focus on that.
KDH and Maddison are forming a formidable partnership.

Also, a shout our for Papy Mendy as I thought he was excellent.

I'm also loving Papy's resurrection. He somehow seems bigger than I remember, perhaps some leg stretching exercises.

He also looks as if he could play at right back, which given that Justin is still not up to speed defensively and judgement-wise, could be useful.

I agree, the system we play we need a player that can hold the ball up and link the play, as well as run in behind to create space. Nacho cannot do that, but he can score given the chance. The reason he did so well last season is he had Vardy doing the work for him. He will score goals when in the box, but at what expense to our all round game?
I think BR needs to make a decision as to whether or not Nacho is the man to lead us over the next 1-3 years if it is then we need to play to his strengths not to how BR likes to set up.

C

That season we played the vast majority behind closed doors and if memory serves me correct we had two upfront? Vardy is clinical and has to be up there as one of the best strikers for converting chances in the premiere league unless I have tinted glasses on which is highly likely.

I'm also loving Papy's resurrection. He somehow seems bigger than I remember, perhaps some leg stretching exercises.

He also looks as if he could play at right back, which given that Justin is still not up to speed defensively and judgement-wise, could be useful.

I'm glad Mendy is getting a chance. It's ****ing ridiculous that he wasn't in the squad. Even if we had managed to sell him he'd be a better choice than Soumare.

Nachos has served us well. We should keep him. If we're looking to replace Vardy then he's nowhere near up to the task.....who is? We'll not get a second choice as good as him though.
I think Vardy is that one in a hundred thousand player that is scouted and becomes a massive player for a club.

On the two controversial decisions, both were very consistent with other similar calls this season. Calling out the VAR isn't right.

The McTominay challenge could have been given as a red by Marriner. If it had been, it wouldn't have been overturned. Marriner decided it wasn't dangerous and I recall a couple of similar ones - Kane did one - that were given the same as today. It was very borderline. I think had it been the other way round, the ref would probably have given it as a red but that's the nature of playing at Old Trafford. VAR doesn't change this.

On the goal that was disallowed, it was a foul in the build up so the intervention by VAR is correct. It wasn't a bad foul but it was a foul. We've seen loads of these decisions this season. I just didn't see the point of Marriner going to the monitor. If he trusts the VAR, just disallow it and get on with the game. That's silly.

I'm glad Mendy is getting a chance. It's ****ing ridiculous that he wasn't in the squad. Even if we had managed to sell him he'd be a better choice than Soumare.
Or Hamza! the ACON has done him the world of good hopefully he can see out the season injury free, Soumare like Daka needs to be given time the jury is still out for me.

That season we played the vast majority behind closed doors and if memory serves me correct we had two upfront? Vardy is clinical and has to be up there as one of the best strikers for converting chances in the premiere league unless I have tinted glasses on which is highly likely.

Do you think a club like us can just go out and replace Vardy? Can't see it personally. Nachos is definitely good enough for us, as he's shown. If we go with 2 forwards then he'll do a better job IMO. Longer term we should be looking at who can partner nachos rather than expecting to find another Vardy.

Do you think a club like us can just go out and replace Vardy? Can't see it personally. Nachos is definitely good enough for us, as he's shown. If we go with 2 forwards then he'll do a better job IMO. Longer term we should be looking at who can partner nachos rather than expecting to find another Vardy.
Completely agree with you I just do not see Nacho as the main man for us, as part of a front two absolutely whether or not BR thinks this remains to be seen. Has BR played Nacho and Daka together I can not remember?

On the two controversial decisions, both were very consistent with other similar calls this season. Calling out the VAR isn't right.

The McTominay challenge could have been given as a red by Marriner. If it had been, it wouldn't have been overturned. Marriner decided it wasn't dangerous and I recall a couple of similar ones - Kane did one - that were given the same as today. It was very borderline. I think had it been the other way round, the ref would probably have given it as a red but that's the nature of playing at Old Trafford. VAR doesn't change this.

On the goal that was disallowed, it was a foul in the build up so the intervention by VAR is correct. It wasn't a bad foul but it was a foul. We've seen loads of these decisions this season. I just didn't see the point of Marriner going to the monitor. If he trusts the VAR, just disallow it and get on with the game. That's silly.

On the similar calls for a red. Who were the teams involved? Kane has obvious reasons for it being ok. Any shithouses playing for Burnley got away with it?

Today highlighted once again how horrific our transfer business was last summer.

We have five players out injured, one of whom is Bertrand who looked Sunday league level until his knee did us all a favour and collapsed on him.

We pick twenty in the squad today and the two senior absentees are Soumare and Vestergaard. Despite occasional positive signs from each of them this season, there is no doubt that they've both been dreadful additions on current evidence.

The other two additions are named on the bench. Daka has potential no question. He had a decent run in Oct/Nov but since he's been poor. He looks like he's got a lot to learn still. It was a very big punt to spend over £20m on him.

Lookman was only a loan but signing a left winger to play on the right was idiotic. He's useless there and a waste of time being here. Yet again, we've fecked up recruitment on that side. He's fine as a second left winger but what is the point of spending £15m on that? Same as Under for me, flashes of talent but ultimately no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669