Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester United v Leicester

There is something to take from it. Hopefully it leads to Vardy, Drinky and King having some time off. It was good job we had that last twenty minutes as the confidence won't be as badly affected and that goal could be massive for goal difference.

Total shitstorm from Peastain

We were beaten as soon as he revealed the team selection

Twat

Did not press high enough up the pitch. Nugent looked more of a threat than Ulluoa and Krameric. Shame van Gaals checked out TB and switched from a back 3 to a back 4!

It was good job we had that last twenty minutes as the confidence won't be as badly affected

Agree. Will help confidence, and also (hopefully) show the team that should be starting.

Are we pretty much agreed that the first XI atm should be today's, with Albrighton, James, and Cambiasso in for Vardy, Drinky and King?

On another note.
Van Persie was half a yard offside quite clearly. Had it been rightly disallowed and it was 2-0 at half time and 2-1 at 80 mins I believe we could've had a very different spark.

At 3 nil down the belief is almost gone but not at 2. This may sound like excuses but it really isn't. The first goal was offside and that might have changed the complexity of the game.

We won the second half. Don't understand why Pearson meddles with the team constantly.

The inability to keep Blind quiet today signed off the game. I just couldn't understand that formation when results at Anfield showed that a 4-5-1 is far more effective.

Agree. Will help confidence, and also (hopefully) show the team that should be starting.

Are we pretty much agreed that the first XI atm should be today's, with Albrighton, James, and Cambiasso in for Vardy, Drinky and King?

Close but I'd drop De Laet, play Schlupp at left back and keep one of the central midfielders.

Simpson Morgan Was Schlupp

Albrighton Cambiasso Hammond Drinkwater

Kramaric Ulloa

Last edited:

On another note.
Van Persie was half a yard offside quite clearly. Had it been rightly disallowed and it was 2-0 at half time and 2-1 at 80 mins I believe we could've had a very different spark.

What makes you think they'd have scored two goals if they hadn't got the offside one?
We might have gone straight up the other end from the resulting free kick and taken the lead. Or we might have lost 5-0.

Close but I'd drop De Laet, play Schlupp at left back and keep one of the central midfielders.

Simpson Morgan Was Schlupp

Albrighton Cambiasso Hammond Drinkwater

Kramaric Ulloa

I don't like that. Drinkwater left wing? And Schlupp is a real threat in that position, so why hold him back?

Drinkwater shouldn't be anywhere near the side. He's been shite all season

I don't like that. Drinkwater left wing? And Schlupp is a real threat in that position, so why hold him back?

I think Schlupp is our best left back. I also think he has to be in the side.

I also think Albrighton, Ulloa and Kramaric should be in the side.

We need 3 proper midfielders in the side.

In essence I'm sacrificing De Laet/Konchesky to accommodate for a third midfielder.

It's basically the system we used in Div 1 when Oakley played right midfield all season.

Last edited:

In the prematch thread I said the new kid would score a hat trick - I was wrong, so I admit it - but did he actually play?

Livid. Still fuming at that team selection.. Clueless.

JUST what was Pearson saying in training all week.. doesn't matter the opposition, or how you perform, I'm picking MY team.

Absolute sank, the internet went down as well for the 2nd half so missed my hero scoring.

Cheers for that Peestain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570