Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester United v Leicester

What makes you think they'd have scored two goals if they hadn't got the offside one?
We might have gone straight up the other end from the resulting free kick and taken the lead. Or we might have lost 5-0.

I've no idea what would or would not have happened had the first goal been correctly rules as offside, but my point was that it was offside and that might have resulted in a different result. It could have been 2-0 at half time or 2-1 at 80 mins.

Either way, it shouldn't have been allowed and there simply has to be some technology which can spot these things.

If at the end of the season a team goes down because of one more goal conceded or similarly a team wins the title because of one more goal scored, how is this fair?

I've no idea what would or would not have happened had the first goal been correctly rules as offside, but my point was that it was offside and that might have resulted in a different result. It could have been 2-0 at half time or 2-1 at 80 mins.

Either way, it shouldn't have been allowed and there simply has to be some technology which can spot these things.

If at the end of the season a team goes down because of one more goal conceded or similarly a team wins the title because of one more goal scored, how is this fair?

Can't blame the officials for this one.

We won the second half 1-0. With the team that should have started.

Close but I'd drop De Laet, play Schlupp at left back and keep one of the central midfielders.

Simpson Morgan Was Schlupp

Albrighton Cambiasso Hammond Drinkwater

Kramaric Ulloa
Schlupp has been our most dangerous attacking player of late, why would you push him back?

I honestly do not understand you chaps: the few "Pearson out" posters were slated but, when Nigel Pearson does exactly what we all must have expected him to do, you slate him.

I also do not think that a 3-1 defeat at Old Trafford was too bad. Of course, the performance didn't look good: United were charged up, came out of the blocks and were 3-0 up in the first half. Whilst they may have eased off, I think that we did well not to crumble in the 2nd half: a 5-0, or worse, defeat would have been FAR more of a problem.

I honestly do not understand you chaps: the few "Pearson out" posters were slated but, when Nigel Pearson does exactly what we all must have expected him to do, you slate him.

I also do not think that a 3-1 defeat at Old Trafford was too bad. Of course, the performance didn't look good: United were charged up, came out of the blocks and were 3-0 up in the first half. Whilst they may have eased off, I think that we did well not to crumble in the 2nd half: a 5-0, or worse, defeat would have been FAR more of a problem.

It was nothing to do with losing at Old Trafford, I think most of us would clearly accept that was the most obvious outcome.

Did you watch the game?

United were charged up, came out of the blocks and were 3-0 up in the first half.

Utd were total garbage from start to finish. They played like a bunch of strangers and their shape was a joke.

Just because they went 3-0 up quickly, doesn't mean they were any good.

Can't blame the officials for this one.

We won the second half 1-0. With the team that should have started.

I'm not blaming them, just making the point that we really badly need better technology.

We lost 3-1. Had their first goal been correctly disallowed, we may have had a better result.

If at season end we go down because of one more goal conceded then it'd be ridiculous.

Why was obvious right-footed De Laet on the left wing?
Nugent looked more of a threat than Ulluoa and Krameric.
Cambiasso and Albrighton actually made our midfield look classy when they came on.

I'm hearing the De Laet thing a lot. He was good at Liverpool and Spurs in that role. He's better than Konchesky no problem with that selection.

I arrived from the States this morning and went straight to the game - I was so frustrated to see Vardy selected ahead of Albrighton. I am starting to run out of patience with NP's continued strange team selection. Every time Albrighton has come on recently we have looked a better side - how on earth can he pick Vardy ahead of him - it just makes no sense. If he doesn't start Albrighton against Palace next week (assuming Riyad is not back) I just give up !

I'm hearing the De Laet thing a lot. He was good at Liverpool and Spurs in that role. He's better than Konchesky no problem with that selection.

Indeed. Far bigger problems elsewhere with the selection.

The point that a dodgy right back is our preferred left back shouldn't be lost here.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious that Pearson is 'saving' players for the more winnable fixture next week. Nobody expected a result at Old Trafford at the start of the season. If his plan fails and we don't take all three points next week I would expect that that would signal the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566