Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect anything yesterday but other results went our way so it wasn't a bad day in that respect. Glad to see Ulloa and Kramaric both starting but Vardy?

Pearson does baffle with some of the team selections. Crystal Palace is a winnable game and one we really could use the points from before a run of difficult games against some of the top 6 again.

Pretty obvious that Pearson is 'saving' players for the more winnable fixture next week. Nobody expected a result at Old Trafford at the start of the season. If his plan fails and we don't take all three points next week I would expect that that would signal the end.

Saving who exactly for next week? We can't sack NP now anyway. It's too late to make any difference and the replacement options are garbage. We had our chance but chose to close our eyes, put our fingers in our ears and whistle the opportunity away.

What is quite interesting is just how poor the league is this year. We have been utterly shite this season, but the fact is that if we'd not conceded that disgraceful late free kick to Burnley*, the bottom four would all have the same number of points. So, we're not the only shite team. All other teams are clearly superior in some respect or other so I cannot see anyone else getting involved.

Three from that four will go down and currently we've got the worst record of them all. If we survive, it will be more about the pure luck of being in the same league as QPR, Burnley and Hull, than any merit on our part. So far, none of those three have made any significant improvements during this window either, which is astonishing good fortune for us too.

It's criminal really. Effectively promoted in March with money to spend and we've been so shambolically under-prepared for this season in every respect. To have been below those three now for two months and to be incapable of getting above them is embarrassing.

*a moment that I still think will be painfully significant come the end of the season.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious that Pearson is 'saving' players for the more winnable fixture next week. Nobody expected a result at Old Trafford at the start of the season. If his plan fails and we don't take all three points next week I would expect that that would signal the end.

Yes, we are in a great position with much strength in depth and with our position being in the top six I agree we should save ourselves for the games that will decide whether or not we can stay in a champions leave place.

I don't wish to be rude Spion but we need points from as many games as possible and can I'll afford to 'throw one' here and there to concerntrTe on the next 'more important' game.

Yes, we are in a great position with much strength in depth and with our position being in the top six I agree we should save ourselves for the games that will decide whether or not we can stay in a champions leave place.

I don't wish to be rude Spion but we need points from as many games as possible and can I'll afford to 'throw one' here and there to concerntrTe on the next 'more important' game.

Bang on. To finish the season with a point a game, we need 21 points from our remaining 14 matches. That requires us to gain points from all sorts of matches.

It's also worth saying that our record against teams in the bottom half of the league is clearly the worst of any team in the league this season so anybody expecting us to just go out and win those 'winnable' matches is deluding themselves.

On a lighter note, a thanks to the MUFC kiosk staff, who having poured shed loads of surplus beer at half-time, simply gave the lot away free before they pulled the shutters down.

I made a concerted effort to make sure it didn't go to waste.

Doubt if there was much thought about 'saving players' for the Palace game, I think it was just the wrongheaded and somewhat random selection policy that the manager has practiced all season.

We were so lucky that the division contained at least another three teams well worthy of relegation - but the club collectively stuffed it up last summer and Pearson's obstinacy has compounded the situation.

Decent signings this transfer window but probably too late now - we'd have to play really well and our relegation competitors play helpfully consistently badly to get out of this.

We say this about a lot of games, but the Palace match looks especially critical. Difficult game in my opinion and we had better win it. If we don't even a lot of the wishful thinkers might have to consider accepting the pain of reality.

Last edited:
Steve Bruce says Dull need 6 wins to stay up, we're more likely to need 7 from the last 15 games, doable?

Oh yes

Last edited:
Steve Bruce says Dull need 6 wins to stay up, we're more likely to need 7 from the last 15 games, doable?

Oh yes

Of course it is, despite what the miserable doom mongers would have you believe. But they love to wallow in their own misery.

Home wins from Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle and QPR. Possibly Southampton or West Ham, but unlikely - maybe a draw or two from those

Away chances at West Brom, Burnley and Sunderland, with potential draws at Everton and Spurs

28 points there, none of which are fanciful in any way

Of course it is, despite what the miserable doom mongers would have you believe. But they love to wallow in their own misery.

Home wins from Palace, Hull, Swansea, Newcastle and QPR. Possibly Southampton or West Ham, but unlikely - maybe a draw or two from those

Away chances at West Brom, Burnley and Sunderland, with potential draws at Everton and Spurs

Especially now we have James back and, hopefully, Algeria will lose tonight

Nigel quite clearly explained in his post match interview that this game was in effect a "bonus" and that our season will be defined by the winning against teams like Palace who are around us in the table and "not necessarily against teams like Man Utd."

IMO he went into the match probably ly expecting to lose and wanted his players to have a bit of a go but don't go all out gung ho in case we get slaughtered and our goal difference would suffer. He seemed frustrated that we didn't have a go and I feel the same. Onwards and upwards to the Palace game.

There is some utter utter shit in this league. We have a chance.

There is some utter utter shit in this league. We have a chance.

I give you Aston Villa, and the pitiful display just given against Arsenal. Total garbage

Hull, QPR, Burnley, West Brom - all complete and utter turd

Plenty of life left in this season

I give you Aston Villa, and the pitiful display just given against Arsenal. Total garbage

Hull, QPR, Burnley, West Brom - all complete and utter turd

Plenty of life left in this season

But, but, but West Brom can't go down, Tony Pulis is their manager.

I agree, and I'm not even sure that they would even if they hadn't changed manager.

Last edited:

My challenge to that little list would be to remember the points return we got from those 12 games first time round. Not quite your 28 points, I think you'll find. 6 is my recollection.

If largely the same players and management do largely the same things, as they inevitably will, how the hell do you turn 6 points into 28?

Voodoo? Divine intervention? Vardy going on a world record scoring run?

Last edited:
Keep wallowing in your tedious misery. I don't expect anything else

The rest of us will just enjoy the rest of our Premier League season

Keep wallowing in your tedious misery. I don't expect anything else

The rest of us will just enjoy the rest of our Premier League season

:icon_bigg

Nobody posts more negative, critical stuff on here than you homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566