Post Match Manchester United 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_bigg

Nobody posts more negative, critical stuff on here than you homer.

Criticism, oh yes, when it's fully deserved. On a game by game basis, based on what has actually happened, and reacting to what is seen

But constant made up negative twaddle, based on nothing but moaning misery ? That, my miserable moaning friend, is your domain.

My challenge to that little list would be to remember the points return we got from those 12 games first time round. Not quite your 28 points, I think you'll find. 6 is my recollection.

If largely the same players and management do largely the same things, as they inevitably will, how the hell do you turn 6 points into 28?

Voodoo? Divine intervention? Vardy going on a world record scoring run?
That's exactly how it works, you are, of course, correct. It didn't against Man Utd, Liverpool or Stoke but those teams? Sure.

That's exactly how it works, you are, of course, correct. It didn't against Man Utd, Liverpool or Stoke but those teams? Sure.

Nothing changes between away games and home games, nothing at all

And football is always a constant. Everyone knows that

Criticism, oh yes, when it's fully deserved. On a game by game basis, based on what has actually happened, and reacting to what is seen

But constant made up negative twaddle, based on nothing but moaning misery ? That, my miserable moaning friend, is your domain.

Just to point out that nothing is made up regarding our dismal performance against the supposed 'lesser teams' so far this season, there is nothing to suggest this will change.

We are currently bottom of the league, if you split the league into two we are currently bottom of an extremely ordinary league, there is nothing to suggest that expecting us to lose the majority of our remaining games is anything other than hugely realistic.

As for Pearson calling yesterdays game a bonus, absolute defeatist shit that should never be tolerated at this level of the game, I wonder if the owners see it as purely a bonus? At this stage in the season when you are bottom of the league, there is no such thing as a ****ing bonus game.

Anyway, of course we can do it.

My challenge to that little list would be to remember the points return we got from those 12 games first time round. Not quite your 28 points, I think you'll find. 6 is my recollection.

If largely the same players and management do largely the same things, as they inevitably will, how the hell do you turn 6 points into 28?

Voodoo? Divine intervention? Vardy going on a world record scoring run?

I'm with Homer, I think we will get significantly more points from these games than previous. As long as Albrighton plays and Vardy doesn't....

15 games to go. We need to get 3 more points than hull, QPR n Burnley, as it stands.
We have all 3 still to play, 2 at home.

Can we do it, yes
Will we do it, I believe yes, so does Nigel Pearson & co.

15 games to go. We need to get 3 more points than hull, QPR n Burnley, as it stands.

Can we do it, yes
Fair point. With having 15 games left and us having United out of the way, it will be very tight but if hull QPR burnley and (maybe) aston villa keep losing, anything is possible.

I'm with Homer, I think we will get significantly more points from these games than previous. As long as Albrighton plays and Vardy doesn't....

Pearson does not seem to want Albrighton to play, this is despite him witnessing first hand that he is far more effective than Vardy on numerous occasions.

Pearson does not seem to want Albrighton to play, this is despite him witnessing first hand that he is far more effective than Vardy on numerous occasions.
And weirdly, Albrighton being a Pearson signing. And an exciting one at that. Albrighton's stats speak for themselves

Can we do it, yes

2 at home?

i see! very good point, we will do it

And weirdly, Albrighton being a Pearson signing. And an exciting one at that. Albrighton's stats speak for themselves

You'd hope so. The way he's been overlooked for Vardy after impressing, suggests he might have been a Robinson signing .. Worthless speculation of course.

Last edited:
Yes, we are in a great position with much strength in depth and with our position being in the top six I agree we should save ourselves for the games that will decide whether or not we can stay in a champions leave place.

I don't wish to be rude Spion but we need points from as many games as possible and can I'll afford to 'throw one' here and there to concerntrTe on the next 'more important' game.

I didn't make my comment as representative of my own feeling, it was what I expected Pearson was thinking. I agree we need points from wherever we can get them and what was to say that we couldn't have done so at Old Trafford if Pearson had have picked the right team.

There are always a good number of surprising results in very season - this season is no different and its very important to try to pick up points whenever and wherever.

I don't think for a second that Pearson wasn't looking for a result, but it sounds like he was hoping to contain M/c U for as long as possible and its's probably difficult to get the team up for it when you adopt an ultra negative approach.

I think team selection is a slightly different matter. I dread the team announcements. I think he just gets these repeatedly wrong . Wouldn't have a clue why this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566