Match Thread Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute tosh, this is, against a bang average team

Take off Gray and Choudhury, FFS, and play Albrighton and Barnes like you feckin well should have from the off

Pissing this game down the shitter

Eh? That's not true one bit. Another forward player in our side today would make our start even worse. We're not lacking options going forward, we'll lacking control of the game in midfield - which is exactly why we have two players in there.

The problem is a lack of composure, not the formation or personnel.
I'm not sure you are watching it. Are you relying on Stringer? Maddison in the no.10 position and more creativity in the middle is what we have now gone to. This should have been our approach from the start.

Just seen Gray try to take on his usual pointless 35 yard shot which was blocked instantly.

Seems he needs to learn some more first. Get Barnes on

I'm not sure you are watching it. Are you relying on Stringer? Maddison in the no.10 position and more creativity in the middle is what we have now gone to. This should have been our approach from the start.

I agree that is Maddison's best position too.

However, Rodgers is trying to turn him into a Coutinho clone and it makes a lot of sense because we need another attacking player in the front three that threatens goals.

Maybe if Maddison had finished his great chance early on we'd recognise the intent more?

Good corner play there. But what was the supposed foul against us? De Gea just came and missed.

We are building. It will come soon

After we adapt to the correct shape and personnel. Simple game really. Isn't it?

I'm not disagreeing with that point. However, Rodgers set us up to do things differently and if Maddison had scored his chance early, it would have probably worked. Narrow margins.

I agree that is Maddison's best position too.

However, Rodgers is trying to turn him into a Coutinho clone and it makes a lot of sense because we need another attacking player in the front three that threatens goals.

Maybe if Maddison had finished his great chance early on we'd recognise the intent more?
Maybe if we hadn't have started with a midfield devoid of any attacking intent, our most creative player stuck out wide and a guy who has had one good 40 odd minutes in the last 2 years, we'd have been better placed. However you want to swing it, the first 60m showed how badly Rodgers got it wrong from the start today.

Maybe if we hadn't have started with a midfield devoid of any attacking intent, our most creative player stuck out wide and a guy who has had one good 40 odd minutes in the last 2 years, we'd have been better placed. However you want to swing it, the first 60m showed how badly Rodgers got it wrong from the start today.

So you'd have started Albrighton and Barnes for Gray and Choudhury right?

If so, both Albrighton and Barnes were no good last game out and Choudhury and Gray deserved a start for their performances so it's a big call to make.

I just understand why Rodgers chose that starting line up and formation. We're only losing because of one silly challenge and a twat of a ref giving them every decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363