Match Thread Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm labouring a point but now that Maddison is deeper, Vardy looks isolated. It's not as simple as people are making out.

I think the truth is that we've not found the best formation or line up yet. Nothing quite works.

So you'd have started Albrighton and Barnes for Gray and Choudhury right?

If so, both Albrighton and Barnes were no good last game out and Choudhury and Gray deserved a start for their performances so it's a big call to make.

I just understand why Rodgers chose that starting line up and formation. We're only losing because of one silly challenge and a twat of a ref giving them every decision.

Rare that BN is the voice of reason, but certainly the case today.

Anyone throwing a wobbly over today is massively overreacting.

I know I'm labouring a point but now that Maddison is deeper, Vardy looks isolated. It's not as simple as people are making out.

I think the truth is that we've not found the best formation or line up yet. Nothing quite works.

Agree completely.

To me it's not actually Maddison on the left that's been a problem - it's Tielemans playing too far forward. He doesn't affect the game as much as a no.10

So you'd have started Albrighton and Barnes for Gray and Choudhury right?

If so, both Albrighton and Barnes were no good last game out and Choudhury and Gray deserved a start for their performances so it's a big call to make.

I just understand why Rodgers chose that starting line up and formation. We're only losing because of one silly challenge and a twat of a ref giving them every decision.
Knowing that their team had significant weaknesses due to injury and a lack of talent, yes, I'd have started with more attacking intent utilising Maddison in his best position. I don't think Barnes or Albrighton did anything to make themselves less of an option than Choudhury or Gray. Starting with two defensive midfielders was an error of judgement and the first 60 minutes showed exactly why.

It may be a stupid challenge that cost us a goal but it is a lack of creativity and attacking intent that has cost us an equaliser.

Agree completely.

To me it's not actually Maddison on the left that's been a problem - it's Tielemans playing too far forward. He doesn't affect the game as much as a no.10

Yep. Tielemans is easily our weakest link today but it doesn't fit some people's narrative.

Neither team has earnt a win here. It is really weak if we lose to this shit show of a side.

Rare that BN is the voice of reason, but certainly the case today.

Anyone throwing a wobbly over today is massively overreacting.
So you have watched the game and you think we got it right today?

Yep. Tielemans is easily our weakest link today but it doesn't fit some people's narrative.

Neither team has earnt a win here. It is really weak if we lose to this shit show of a side.
He's been weak since the start of the season. Nobody is suggesting otherwise. Perhaps he wouldn't have had to play in such an advanced role had Maddison started in the no.10 position however. You know, where he has proved time and again he is more effective.

****ing hate that we're not only losing to this bunch, but that they're going to keep a clean sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263