Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
More of a goal threat than Howard... would like to see him back in the team really.

Personally wouldn't drop Howard from the starting XI but it will be nice to have him back.

I have always been a fan of Howard (even when he was getting booed by a lot of others) and I wouldn't drop him either. However, he looks shattered after 60 minutes and as the games pile up we will need different options.

Fryatts game has changed so much of late that he his doing a lot of the work that Howard did last year and therefore having Waghorn running off him could cause problems for a lot of defences.

Good to have him back but I don't think he should go straight back into the starting eleven, Steve should start up top with Fryatt on Sunday.

Most loan signings usually say something similar...

"I really like it at club x but it's up to my parent club so we'll have to see."

No real news or anything.

Most loan signings usually say something similar...

"I really like it at club x but it's up to my parent club so we'll have to see."

No real news or anything.

Whereas others slag off their employer club, and then go kissing the badge of the one they are on loan to, as Mr Campbell did last night....

Whereas others slag off their employer club, and then go kissing the badge of the one they are on loan to, as Mr Campbell did last night....

I seen it. Bloody idiot.

And then there are the ones who, when they get recalled after a month, insist that they don't want to go back to their parent club.

Last edited:

I cringed when I saw that last night. Silly boy!

Last edited:
Just like to point out:

Campbell 4 goals in 15 appearances
Waghorn 6 goals in 29 appearances

Strange how according to the majority of Leicester fans one is not good enough for the Championship and the other is a must buy in the summer.

Cue the argument about 'its what they add to the team that matters'

Last edited:
Just like to point out:

Campbell 4 goals in 15 appearances
Waghorn 6 goals in 29 appearances

Strange how according to the majority of Leicester fans one is not good enough for the Championship and the other is a must buy in the summer.

Cue the argument about 'its what they add to the team that matters'

The 4 goals in 15 appearances from Campbell... is that for us? I'm assuming you're talking about this season in his loan spells. For us, Campbell has 4 goals in 38 appearances (according to Wiki at least)

I'm gonna join in on the act and say Campbell doesn't want to be here, and won't perform for us.

Plus, Campbell is 28... Waghorn is only 20.

Last edited:
The 4 goals in 15 appearances from Campbell... is that for us? I'm assuming you're talking about this season in his loan spells. For us, Campbell has 4 goals in 38 appearances (according to Wiki at least)

I'm gonna join in on the act and say Campbell doesn't want to be here, and won't perform for us.

Plus, Campbell is 28... Waghorn is only 20.

Aaaaand Waghorn's all round game is much better. Campbell offers nothing apart from being quick and poaching the occasional goal. Waghorn has a bit of everything in his locker and will keep getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669