Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

DJ out and Waghorn in is an outstanding day for LCFC.

If anyone had proposed this 'swap' a few months ago, it would have been deemed impossible. Even a week ago, Waghorn was talking about competing for a place at Sunderland and was happy enough to do it.

Waghorn is a talented young forward who I hope now takes over from Howard as the main target man. He's strong, mobile and a good all rounder up front. A 'council' Rooney.

Remarkable really. And Abe appears to be a decent capture.

The cynic in me is questioning where the finance for this is coming from. More debt? However, I can only hope this is new money and we're doing it because we can afford it.

These two captures certainly piss all over the other business we've done this summer.

Last edited:

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Too much money but a good young player, could be a good signing, welcome back Waghorn.

drummindefender

How much do people really expect us to pay for a young english player who scored 12 goals last season? Out of interest? I really don't feel its a massively over the odds

Profondo Rosso

The cynic in me is questioning where the finance for this is coming from. More debt? However, I can only hope this is new money and we're doing it because we can afford it.

I must admit, deep down, I am having the same grievances. I hope I'm wrong though, as if I am, it's a good deal.

tedfoxxx

[YOUTUBE]wL2wgHTTMog[/YOUTUBE]

A few beauties in there, that strike away at Scunny was like a young Heskey;). I enjoyed watching him last season and I'm chuffed he's back, hopefully that threesome of Waghorn, King and Gally which really started to gel towards the end of last season will get going again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really glad we have offloaded DJ Campbell and brought in Waghorn. Brings a smile to face, after a dull day at work. I half expected about £3 million for him, hopefully Blackpool paid a few quid for Campbell in return.

Like others have stated I am little concerned the club is putting itself into further debt to finance our transfers, but hope fully the new owners have paid for them.

spionfox

This is yet another example of Top Raksriaksorn showing his intention to take this club forward.

Top? TOP??

When I heard Birchenall introduce him at the last two home games I could have sworn he said Tom.

Top you say? Feck me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670