Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the Abe photo was taken last week when the deal was done, because he then went back to Japan waiting for the work permit to be sorted out and he won't join up with the squad until after the weekend.
He was in Leicester on Saturday - when did he fly back?

Where is the cheapest place to get names and numbers put on my shirt? I'm feeling like getting carried away, just not sure whether to get Waghorn or Abe

You're lucky with just his name, i'm thinking of getting: Waggy iz back
good :icon_lol:

I really hope he has come armed to accept the pressure of being the saviour of our season.

Am I the only one who thinks its not that over the top in price? Especially for a striker we know can score goals at this level

The cynic in me is questioning where the finance for this is coming from. More debt? However, I can only hope this is new money and we're doing it because we can afford it.

TBH I couldn't care less how much we spend on a player and I care even less where the money has come from. It's not my problem.

If it means £3m for Waghorn and we want him, then £3m it is.

TBH I couldn't care less how much we spend on a player and I care even less where the money has come from. It's not my problem.

If it means £3m for Waghorn and we want him, then £3m it is.

And if it's £20m, then what? We do a Leeds or Portsmouth, but it won't be your problem!

I'm pleased for Waghorn. The last time he kicked a ball for Leicester ended our season so now he has many chances to make amends (I know it wasn't his fault in the main but you can tell that he thinks that).

Isn't it time for Biff to make a re-appearance with a Foghorn J., I say, Foghorn J. Leghorn joke?

Isn't it time for Biff to make a re-appearance with a Foghorn J., I say, Foghorn J. Leghorn joke?

Please no. I die a little inside, every time I think of it

Do you think Sousa's a fan of Waggy or do you think Mandaric had a lot to do with it?
I really rate him but I can't help but think if it was Sousa's 'idea' it was done to half please the fans after a very unsatisfactory start.

Do you think Sousa's a fan of Waggy?

He doesn't honestly seem like Sousa's kind of player. A lot of his goals were scored from a very route-one type approach to the game.

Last edited:
Do you think Sousa's a fan of Waggy or do you think Mandaric had a lot to do with it?
I really rate him but I can't help but think if it was Sousa's 'idea' it was done to half please the fans after a very unsatisfactory start.

To be honest, as pleased as I am about the signing, this is what's nagging at me. There's no particular reason Sousa would go for Waggy ahead of other strikers, especially at 3m. To date he's shown no inclination to recreate what we had last season, so going back seems to be against everything he has done to date.

It's clever work by Sousa and Mandaric after a rocky spell. Mandaric's taking a lot of stick from our support, more so than any other time in his spell here.

Good thing for us fan folk...Waggy will probably outlast Sousa and Mandaric.

TTo date he's shown no inclination to recreate what we had last season, so going back seems to be against everything he has done to date.

But the way we played against Reading seemed to be a throwback to last season, 4-4-2 with little evidence of a short passing game!

But the way we played against Reading seemed to be a throwback to last season, 4-4-2 with little evidence of a short passing game!

perhaps Sousa is realising that it may be a better route to follow...

My guess is that Sunderland got in touch with us about waghorn's availability, rather than the other way around. Then when Sousa was given the option he decided to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669