Mary Elizabeth Truss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is goodbye Boris. For me the most contemptable leaders of recent years have been Margaret Thatcher and Jeremy Corbyn. To be fair to them neither would have partied while the country was in lockdown. There was the poignant image of the Queen sitting alone at the funeral of her husband and the thought that number 10 had been partying the night before.
Liz Truss has not yet become Prime Minister and yet her government has already been condemned. This says more about the posters than about Liz Truss. In 1945 Clement Attlee was derided - "a little mouse shall lead them. He turned out to be a great Prime Minister.
In contrast in 1955 Sir Anthony Eden became Prime Minister. He had been Churchill's right hand man and IMO the best Foreign Secretary o the 20th Century He was admired by both sides of the House; he was charming brilliant and a man of integrity. He was also the worst Prime Minister of the 20th Century.

I'm not surprised but also a bit surprised they've opted for a lib dem, Tory, leave and remain leader. Should be easy for labour to take over and continue business as usual but i bet Farage will put some work in before the next election for the tories.

Corbyn equivalent to ****ing Thatcher???

**** me, time to ignore this thread

Parfox all they have in common is my contempt for them. I have contempt for Thatcher because of her divisiveness, I believe leaders should aim to bring people together. I cannot imagine Churchill. Attlee or Wilson saying that "there is no such thing as society". As for Corbyn he has consistently supported terrorist groups. Legally he has never been a traitor as we were never legally at war with the IRA. I believe that his sharing a platform with the IRA makes him morally a traitor.
I have deliberately chosen bigots from both parties. There is a danger that people will condemn the bigots from the other party while excusing the bigots from their own party.

Parfox all they have in common is my contempt for them. I have contempt for Thatcher because of her divisiveness, I believe leaders should aim to bring people together. I cannot imagine Churchill. Attlee or Wilson saying that "there is no such thing as society". As for Corbyn he has consistently supported terrorist groups. Legally he has never been a traitor as we were never legally at war with the IRA. I believe that his sharing a platform with the IRA makes him morally a traitor.
I have deliberately chosen bigots from both parties. There is a danger that people will condemn the bigots from the other party while excusing the bigots from their own party.
Can we stop comparing modern day leaders to those who took office 80+ years ago. We might as well consider how the pharaohs would have governed for the relevance it has to modern day politics.

I think you can just ignore one poster.

Sorry but I will not be taking your advice Fox Fan I will continue to read Parafox I would guess you are reacting to his adolescent language. However, I found his use of three question marks in one sentence amusing though his English teacher may feel differently. It is important to read his posts to encourage him.

Foxfan you are clearly an adult and deserve to be taken seriously although I strongly disagree with you. I would expect the superficial from Parafox and his MTV generation. To give one example in order to understand Putin it is worth looking at Tsar Nicholas I and the Crimean War.

The discussion has got off track which is partly my fault. I was diverted by Parafox attempts at punctuation. I would have left out the passage on Sir Anthony Eden if I had realised that Foxfan finds History difficult . My point is a simple one. Since at the time of writing Liz Truss was not yet Prime Minister it was perhaps premature to pass judgement on her government.

I’ve been in Eton today, appeared to be induction day at the college, toffee nosed kids showing other toffee nosed kids around.

I may have walked past a future prime minister or two

The discussion has got off track which is partly my fault. I was diverted by Parafox attempts at punctuation. I would have left out the passage on Sir Anthony Eden if I had realised that Foxfan finds History difficult . My point is a simple one. Since at the time of writing Liz Truss was not yet Prime Minister it was perhaps premature to pass judgement on her government.
This is a fine point, even if you insist on preceding it with condescending twattery. However, have you considered that our new PM has, on many previous occasions, already publicly demonstrated that she is a ****wit?

Maybe if your contributions weren’t full of condescending supercilious oneupmanship, you might get a better response

IMG-20220906-WA0001.jpg

This is a fine point, even if you insist on preceding it with condescending twattery. However, have you considered that our new PM has, on many previous occasions, already publicly demonstrated that she is a ****wit?

Maybe if your contributions weren’t full of condescending supercilious oneupmanship, you might get a better response

I rather enjoyed Blue Maniac's response. I had made what I felt was
a serious comment on Liz Truss and Blue Maniac gave what I felt was a serious response about Liz Truss. I have not asked BM or anybody else for a better response. "Condescending supercilious oneupmanship were your words and definitely not mine. For myself I find BM to be one of the most interesting posters.

A genuine question that puzzles me. Liz Truss is the third woman to be Conservative Prime Minister, Labour have yet to have a female leader. Two to nothing might be coincidence but not three. Why is it that Labour has not had a female leader. I genuinely do not know,

I rather enjoyed Blue Maniac's response. I had made what I felt was
a serious comment on Liz Truss and Blue Maniac gave what I felt was a serious response about Liz Truss. I have not asked BM or anybody else for a better response. "Condescending supercilious oneupmanship were your words and definitely not mine. For myself I find BM to be one of the most interesting posters.

A genuine question that puzzles me. Liz Truss is the third woman to be Conservative Prime Minister, Labour have yet to have a female leader. Two to nothing might be coincidence but not three. Why is it that Labour has not had a female leader. I genuinely do not know,
Angela Raynor was asked a similar question. Her response was something like “yes, but they were all conservatives”

Just look at that cabinet she's appointed.

We are truly ****ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569