Matt Mills' Suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that central defenders are the most likely to get red carded for poor tackles. When I've seen Mills play i couldn't fault him for commitment tho' he often looks as if he is going to get punished for a clumsy tackle.. But I seem to remember that he came with the reputation for making bad decisions and Reading fans said we had paid well over the odds. I'm afraid we were well ripped off and Reading must be so grateful to Sven. Time for SSL to raise his game I think and get Tunchev rolling again - especially with Bamba probably going to the African Nations Cup.

Bamba has said he doesn't want to play in the African Nations: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Sol-Bamba-standing-firm-Ivory-Coast-decision/story-14029474-detail/story.html

G
ood news... hopefully he doesn't change his mind about that.

He is becoming a bit of a liability....cant afford too many suspensions if we are serious about mounting a play-off challenge

I posted immediately on the forum that it was a joke decision. After watching it again my post was the joke as it was definitely a penalty - first block was OK but then he stupidly tripped him up. He should be immediately stripped of the captaincy - he is young and irresponsible and not a leader just yet. I am really hoping Tunch is fit again very soon and he can play alongside Bamba- maybe this will shake him up a little and he will learn from his mistakes.

Kasper for Captain!

I am guessing NP must be scratching his head how we ever paid so much money for him but that is no reason why he has to be captain and be first on the team sheet each week. He needs to earn his place and be more responsible - every confidence NP will teach him what he needs to know but a little worrisome at the moment

Why is everyone throwing the figure of £5 million around? That'll be the figure after a raft of clauses involving appearances, goals, promotion to the Premier League and a whole manner of other things. I'd be very surprised if we paid anywhere near that up front.

Just been on his Wiki page as well, has someone been editing it?

Mills is known for his preference of the long ball game, and enjoys regularly playing 50 yard diagonal passes directly out of play.

His importance to the club was soon underlined when he was selected by BBC Radio Leicester's Ian Stringer as the club's key player for the 2011–12 season

I am guessing NP must be scratching his head how we ever paid so much money for him but that is no reason why he has to be captain and be first on the team sheet each week. He needs to earn his place and be more responsible - every confidence NP will teach him what he needs to know but a little worrisome at the moment

I'm not sure that that he will find it easy to change his ways. As I mentioned he appears to me to be a hard working player and seems to be given a lot of the ball for a centre back when we are attempting to break out of defence - unfortunately I think he's a lot to clumsy to justify however many millions the owners paid for him. Pearson seems to get decent results from Hobbs. I have a feeling that Mills will be moved on at a massive loss.

I think it's quote clear that Milks was playing better than this last season for Reading- let's just hope he can re discover a bit of form

It was just one of those things that's impossible to comprehend, much like how the **** Jenks got that score on Funky Pong.

It's the hand I shoot with :icon_wink

It's the hand I shoot with :icon_wink

It's absolutely incredible, Jenks! I can't even get 5 on the bastard thing, how the **** you got 539 is beyond comprehension to me.

have we lost a lead while Matts been in the team? thats twice on the trot without him, (yep i was at Burnley when we were winning then they equilized!, they didnt second time round tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566