Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say full-back is by far our most pressing concern, not midfield.

The legendary BERT (on FT) has stated that Mills will have a medical today. From what I have seen of the lad he looks a super player. I hope so for that amount of money!

The same legendary Bert that was quoted in post #65 saying that Wolves had won the race to sign him?? :icon_lol:

Ooohya bastard that's a lot of money.

Can't say I've seen much of him but for this kind of wedge he must be a very highly rated player.

I have been wondering if citeh were keeping their spending power under wraps early on, seems I may have been right in my suspicions. This is big boy spending.

I think Bamba could be relegated to the bench. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to sell him - with those three and perhaps Mee and/or Vitor coming in on loan, we'll have more than enough cover at Centre Back.

With those you mention and if Tunch proves he is fit, then a reported 2 million from Marseille for Bamba could be a good bit of business

The same legendary Bert that was quoted in post #65 saying that Wolves had won the race to sign him?? :icon_lol:
He actually said that 'Wolves think they have won the race', which I took as not being cut and dried. To be fair to Bert he has got a lot of things absolutely spot on.

The couple of times I saw him last season he looked like a powerfull commanding player, in the Walsh/Elliot mould. Like Jack Hobbs with a brain.

He looked brilliant but these performances may have been rare for all I know.

Last edited:
He is the legendary garys son, im more confident about him signing, u always do as your dad tells u!

Magnificent signing, if true

For once, I'm happy.........

He actually said that 'Wolves think they have won the race', which I took as not being cut and dried. To be fair to Bert he has got a lot of things absolutely spot on.

He goes under another name somewhere else also, and has released a lot of info before the club tell us about it. Not just players.

Not sure why he gets so much flack, he might play up to the "in the know" bit sometimes and maybe take a punt on a few bits. But he definitely gets the info from someone, and he's right 90% of the time.

He goes under another name somewhere else also, and has released a lot of info before the club tell us about it. Not just players.

Not sure why he gets so much flack, he might play up to the "in the know" bit sometimes and maybe take a punt on a few bits. But he definitely gets the info from someone, and he's right 90% of the time.

Is he @lcfcinfoman ???

Out of interest, what side you reckon. On paper, Masiela appears our best signing when it's confirmed.

Both sides. We don't have cover on either side. Berner really doesn't have the legs to play as an attacking full-back as SGE wants him to and Neilson or Kennedy I really can't see ever playing for us again. We now have 4 good central midfielders now Danns is coming in and Oakley looked much improved at the end of last season playing in the defensive midfield role, so could still do a job as a squad player.

I'm still hoping Vitor will come on another season long loan, who can play right-back, but I'd still want left back cover for Masiela as well.

Last edited:
Mee could slot in at left back. St ledger has the attributes to play full back in a fix. I have a sneaky feeling Naughton might still be in Svens thoughts though.

I think a striker needs to be our priority.

Both sides. We don't have cover on either side. Berner really doesn't have the legs to play as an attacking full-back as SGE want him to and Neilson or Kennedy I really can't see ever playing for us again. We now have 4 good central midfielders now Danns is coming in and Oakley looked much improved at the end of last season playing in the defensive midfield role, so could still do a job as a squad player.

I'm still hoping Vitor will come on another season long loan, who can play right-back, but I'd still want left back cover for Masiela as well.

Good point is it not the african cup of nations in feb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669