Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a problem though in sorting him a move to somebody not in competition with us. He's not good enough to be taken on by anybody at a higher level
Only in the world of Ian Stringer's bizarre transfer windows could he move to a club at a higher level in February.

Only in the world of Ian Stringer's bizarre transfer windows could he move to a club at a higher level in February.

I realise he couldn't join a Premier League team on loan. I was really thinking about the couple of clubs who are thought to be assured of automatic promotion. They surely wouldn't want him; I'm sure they feel they already have better.

Mills played in a reserves game this afternoon.

As did Schlupp and Moussa who both scored.

The game was watched by Top as well. Nice to see him getting down for reserve matches. It also appears to me that he has been a lot more media quite since Pearson signed, the same happened under MM if I remember correctly. I know some will assume that means that they have lost interest, but to me it suggests that Pearson may just have told them to shut their trap about building up expectations and to let him get on with the job at hand. And that they listened to him more importantly.

The game was watched by Top as well. Nice to see him getting down for reserve matches. It also appears to me that he has been a lot more media quite since Pearson signed, the same happened under MM if I remember correctly. I know some will assume that means that they have lost interest, but to me it suggests that Pearson may just have told them to shut their trap about building up expectations and to let him get on with the job at hand. And that they listened to him more importantly.

You do realise that people will now take this suggestion that you've made as a factual occurrence? As of now, Pearson has actually told Toptastic to stay out of his business and to shut his trap and not speak to the media.
Just who does Pearson think he is? How dare he speak to him like that? It'll be his fault if he decides to **** back to Thailandistan with his cheque book

I realise he couldn't join a Premier League team on loan. I was really thinking about the couple of clubs who are thought to be assured of automatic promotion. They surely wouldn't want him; I'm sure they feel they already have better.

Perhaps if we were to say to Reading that we're really really sorry for tempting away their star defender he can then return and they might give us all our money back and everyone can live happy ever after.

Perhaps if we were to say to Reading that we're really really sorry for tempting away their star defender he can then return and they might give us all our money back and everyone can live happy ever after.

I don't think you can have buyer's remorse with footballers.

More likely is that the recent devastating floods in Thailand have put things into perspective, where the running of a football club takes a back seat for a while.

Thailand is still counting the cost of the terrible floods which swamped homes and businesses. Hundreds of people died, tens of thousands lost jobs and livelihoods with huge tracts of farmland inundated and factories forced to close. Production of everything from cars to computer hard disks has been disrupted.

I don't think you can have buyer's remorse with footballers.

I like the majority didn't at first. Took about 5 or 6 games in before I really started to question, is this delayed (Or retarded) buyer's remorse? A bit like that chav lottery winner from Suffolk must have had when he'd finished splurging on his mates. "Shit what did I just do?"

More likely is that the recent devastating floods in Thailand have put things into perspective, where the running of a football club takes a back seat for a while.

Thailand is still counting the cost of the terrible floods which swamped homes and businesses. Hundreds of people died, tens of thousands lost jobs and livelihoods with huge tracts of farmland inundated and factories forced to close. Production of everything from cars to computer hard disks has been disrupted.

Do you really think there's place for this kind of morality in the football business? I find it hard to believe that a man worth 100 Million quid is changing his life and becoming more caring because of a natural disaster...

Reading the comments from those who seem to know what's what, it appears that Mills was on borrowed time with NP anyway due to indifferent performances and an inflated ego. However, taking the piss out of the manager was always going to get a reaction from NP. Mills gets frozen out as a result and he will either correct the issues he has or needs to move on.

I think it's fair to say that Mills has had some issues since joining us in his personal life. There is also a burden to being such a overly priced player, instantly named captain. This wouldn't make him popular with certain other players in the squad unless he turns out sufficiently good performances to justify this, which he clearly hasn't.

Bottom line is that I think he is a better defender than he's shown us so far. He's also at the crossroads of his career. If he wants to improve and get on, he needs to buckle down, get onside with NP and learn and develop. If he fails to do this, I see his career sliding backwards.

Another point in this that is worthy of a mention. NP has these standards and expectations that make perfect sense. However, there are a lot of especially Premier League footballers with inflated opinions of themselves and if we are to progress to that level, NP needs to find better ways of dealing with them.

Do you really think there's place for this kind of morality in the football business? I find it hard to believe that a man worth 100 Million quid is changing his life and becoming more caring because of a natural disaster...

You know I find hard to believe? Fairytales. Absolute hogswash, the lot of 'em.

Its possible that the owners may have discovered that celebrating 'name' managers like Sousa and Sven and bringing in over priced players does not in itself guarantee promotion.

From a business standpoint they must have worked out that expectations are already way too high - and vamping them up any more would probably be counter-productive.

Pearson projects himself and probably is a much more down to earth manager and less likely to buy into the hype. This is the right approach for where the club is.......but at the end of the day no manager whatever their strengths or weaknesses can survive without good results. How many managers could survive 6 successive defeats fo instance?

So because he's got a successful business he must be uncaring?

Has anyone considered that the reason the owners haven't been seen recently might be;

a) They have another business to run.
b) It's ****ing cold in England during Jan and Feb.

So because he's got a successful business he must be uncaring?

I just don't think it has anything to do with the business he runs. Why would a natural disaster on the other side of the world have anything to do with how he runs this football club? Sure, it's a horrible thing to happen and I'm sure it's affected him and his business concerns back in Thailand, but it has precisely feck all to do with his work with our club. If anything, he seems to be just as involved as he's ever been - I can't think of many other club owners would go down to watch the club's reserve matches in the middle of Feb.

Apparently they were at the training ground the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669