Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO that is nonsence. I could name plenty of managers who were 'little' and are now regarded as top managers. I believe Mr O'Neill would have been regarded as a 'little' manager in his Grantham town days.

Did it take 14 years to show his ability?

If discount his very brief spell in charge of Carlisle 1998/9 (where he saved them from relegation incidentally), his first full time managerial appointment was in 2008.

Last edited:
If discount his very brief spell in charge of Carlisle 1998/9 (where he saved them from relegation incidentally), his first full time managerial appointment was in 2008.

That appears to be irrelevant to The Old Fox, he seems to think Pearson has been a manager since then :icon_conf

Last edited:

Neil Warnock, whatever you think of him, is widely considered as an extremely good championship manager, especially when it comes to getting sides promoted. He started managing in 1980 and didn't achieve any real success in the championship until 2005 when he got Sheff U promoted to the top flight. So under your criteria, he must be a terrible manager?

I just can't understand what you've got against Nigel Pearson? As far as I can see, he's doe a very good job at every club he's been at... Would you really want Sven back?

Neil Warnock, whatever you think of him, is widely considered as an extremely good championship manager, especially when it comes to getting sides promoted. He started managing in 1980 and didn't achieve any real success in the championship until 2005 when he got Sheff U promoted to the top flight.

He took Notts County to the top flight after consecutive promotions in 1990 and 1991.

Still, that took 11 years - I think my point still stands. Would TOF still class him as a poor manager?

Since Pearson started his managerial career in earnest he saved Soton from the drop then won the League 1 title at the first time of asking, he then got us to a play off semi final. He then rebuilt the Hull squad and got them in to a very favourable position in the play offs before rejoining us. Can't see what hes done wrong personally.

Yes, all well and good, but apart from saving Carlisle, Southampton, winning League 1, getting to the play-offs and rebuilding Hull into a strong attacking outfit - what has Pearson ever done?

Since Pearson started his managerial career in earnest he saved Soton from the drop then won the League 1 title at the first time of asking, he then got us to a play off semi final. He then rebuilt the Hull squad and got them in to a very favourable position in the play offs before rejoining us. Can't see what hes done wrong personally.

I will never forgive him that it was at the expense of us going down though!

He didn't give us roads, aquaducts, flushing toilets or such did he?

He's been told he can leave but he's declared that he's "not going anywhere".

From the horse's mouth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00