Matt Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 different sources on FT saying Mills nutted Pearson, whether that's true or not I don't know but if it is sending Mills out on loan doesn't seem unreasonable.

I was told at the weekend that it was the other way round!

It took supporters about 5 minutes to work out that we had paid OTT for Mills - although no one knows exactly how much he cost! It was obvious this January that Pearson was setting his stall out to move on a centre back. I thought he was going to lose one of our best players - Sol Bamba. Fortunately and to Pearson's credit it was Mills.

I think that this belongs in the 'lets invent a bizarre story to explain a fairly mundane happening in the life of football folk'.

Last edited:
He should have been moved on to a club not in competition with us.

Should have been? He hasn't moved anywhere yet!

There is a problem though in sorting him a move to somebody not in competition with us. He's not good enough to be taken on by anybody at a higher level - and nobody at a lower level can afford him.

Should have been? He hasn't moved anywhere yet!

There is a problem though in sorting him a move to somebody not in competition with us. He's not good enough to be taken on by anybody at a higher level - and nobody at a lower level can afford him.

Someone that's lower than us and totally out of the play off race would be an option. I'm pretty sure I saw him out on Call Lane in Leeds on Saturday night by the way, although I might be mistaken.

It's scary how much people are prepared to just believe something with no factual base and build upon it, and then build upon that. I refuse to belive that Mills 'nutted' Pearson or that any kind of incident has taken place in any way until there is a factual base for it.

We have five centre-backs in our squad now. Pearson signed Wes Morgan himself so of course he's going to want to play him. If Sean St. Ledger and Morgan are playing well together, then Bamba, Mills, and Tunchev are all going to be out of the starting line-up. With only five places on the bench, there's always going to be a scope for players to be left out of the whole team despite being considered a first-team player.

Think what it will be like when Vassell, King, Schlupp, and Oakley are back. We've still got the likes of John Paintsil and Franck Moussa knocking about too.

I heard that Bert once shat in a toilet instead of just letting it fly out of his mouth.

I think that this belongs in the 'lets invent a bizarre story to explain a fairly mundane happening in the life of a bullshitter'.

I think that this belongs in the 'lets invent a bizarre story to explain a fairly mundane happening in the life of a bullshitter'.

I didn't invent it - I know someone who has a toilet in their house and my wife is a frequent purchaser of toilet paper. I have connections.

I'm getting lost here, did Mills do a nutty shit in Nigels coke or not?

I think that this belongs in the 'lets invent a bizarre story to explain a fairly mundane happening in the life of football folk'.

I don't think so. The wild speculation about any incident involving "nutting" anyone is just daft in my opinion - and as I implied just part of the normal embarrassing nonsense associated with being a football fan.

My conjecture about Pearson bringing one centre back in and therefore moving another one out takes account that football is ultimately a business and involves a bit of forward planning (even if in football the planning cycle is usually quite short) even if its a funny one - and that the business case for moving on Mills looks fairly obvious to me. Mills had become disposeable. Better still because Sven bought him, the club will have someone to blame when he is eventually sold on for about half a quid.

Mills and Pearson have had some sort of argument, that much is certain. Whether it was physical or not is not clear.

Mills and Pearson have had some sort of argument, that much is certain. Whether it was physical or not is not clear.

It's very clear it wasn't physical - for one Pearson showed no signs of injury on TV and secondly Bullshitting Bert has as good as fessed up to making the whole thing up.

It's very clear it wasn't physical - for one Pearson showed no signs of injury on TV and secondly Bullshitting Bert has as good as fessed up to making the whole thing up.

That's true, but it might have just been an exaggeration,there might have been a bit of pushing and shoving. Turns out not though, just after posting what I did DJW clarified matters and made me look a bit of an arse.

I clarified matters for you ages ago, before there was even media speculation of a bust up.

Last edited:
Mills played in a reserves game this afternoon.

As did Schlupp and Moussa who both scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669