Matt Oakley confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
In listening to reports that he is on his way to fester, it makes you think that there are other players in that same posision that should go before him, eg jones, malcom, person and barnes.
Oakley has been one of the few shining lights from this season so far. as as for the money we have been offered, its crap. As a prem club we should be asking for prem prices. We ha to pay 1m for david jones last year, a player that had only played 4 times for united. he should be selling for at least 1.5m

Derby fans are not happy about this move

Lako,
Thanks very much for this, a good few posts there all saying Oakley is a good player - not only last season in the CCC but also this season in a struggling team eg 'Oakley has been one of the few shining lights from this season so far'
A midfield in the making now - Clemence might now at last be able to realise the form we expected of him, playing next to someone of real calibre.

And if he doesnt we at least have other options now to keep the pressure on,maybe some will now have to work for the right to wear the shirt

Great signing, and a bit out of the blue but just the type of player we need.

great signing,all we need is joey alongside him and were invincable!:038:

This is a great signing. Always been a big fan of him. Had it not been for injury I honestly think that he could have played at international level when at Southampton. I have a slight worry however that he and Clemence are too similar to one another.

This is a great signing. Always been a big fan of him. Had it not been for injury I honestly think that he could have played at international level when at Southampton. I have a slight worry however that he and Clemence are too similar to one another.

Good point

Assuming one will be a more holding man and the other will get forward and be creative - who will take which role??

Superb signing and well done Ollie in 11 days you have bought in 3 top drawer players at this level and right through the spine of the team. Also filling the glaryingly obvious gaps in the squad that all could see except for Mad Mandy and his untrusted sidekick Marty 'Mad Dog' Allen.

Last edited:
he will score tomorrow, just outside the box....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00