Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked by this!

He better not be going to feckin' Forest!

I'll still be suprised if he signs for West Brom though really... West Ham and other Premiership clubs have been interested in the past... surely if we're going to let him go, especially for as little as £1.4m (that better have a shit load of add ons in it!) then one of them would be interested again?

Gutted, to be honest. Hope we can find a replacement, and use the money to make the team stronger. Disappointing :(

What I can't understand is why with our club do other clubs get bargains??? If the 1.4 mil is correct that is scandalous for an established England under 19/21 left back.......Especially when Delph has gone for 6 million???!!:098:

A bit of a let down. I would expect him to go on to do well for himself.

Probably the best move for both sides.

Very strange - If theres not a Premiership club involved it seems strange that he wants to move now.

Wonder who he's be talking to at the Under-19s?

I really can't understand why would he want to leave us to go to Forest!?

Even West Brom surely don't hold that much appeal over us, to a local lad who's a Leicester fan, when we're in the same division?

I hope we have a large sell on fee in any deal, because I'm sure he's going to have a good career and be an England left back one day

Buy Mattock and get King free. Special offer this week only.

I really don't get the anger or sour grapes. He is currently a good left back, and may go on to be a great left back. However 1.5m for someone in the last year of their contract, someone that a few on here didn't rate last season anyway, is good business.

This will have far less impact on our side than if Fryatt went, and I expect us to be fine in the same way as we were when Stearman went. I certainly don't resent him moving, whether he goes Forest or WBA.

I really don't get the anger or sour grapes. He is currently a good left back, and may go on to be a great left back. However 1.5m for someone in the last year of their contract, someone that a few on here didn't rate last season anyway, is good business.

This will have far less impact on our side than if Fryatt went, and I expect us to be fine in the same way as we were when Stearman went. I certainly don't resent him moving, whether he goes Forest or WBA.

I'm not angry with the club I agree that the money we are getting is good business, I am just annoyed and angry with Mattock as he is a Leicester lad and I thought he would be loyal, also annoyed he handed in a transfer request and is going to another Championship team who could do worse than us this year.

I'm not angry with the club I agree that the money we are getting is good business, I am just annoyed and angry with Mattock as he is a Leicester lad and I thought he would be loyal, also annoyed he handed in a transfer request and is going to another Championship team who could do worse than us this year.

Why are you annoyed at him? I can't remember the last time a player stayed with a club despite being offered more money. And if he goes either club he will have an much better chance of playing in the Prem next season.

What I can't understand is why with our club do other clubs get bargains??? If the 1.4 mil is correct that is scandalous for an established England under 19/21 left back.......Especially when Delph has gone for 6 million???!!:098:

I'm not sure how you can compare him with Delph.

I won't be losing any sleep at him leaving. Mattock wasn't that good (not saying he was a bad player though!) and didn't think he was that special. Berner is more than capable at left back.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you can compare him with Delph.

Well if the valuation were for instance that Delph is twice as good as Mattock then we should get roughly half of what Villa paid (will pay with add-ons).

So on a reported £6-8million, if Mattock is only half as good we should get at least £3million.

Personally, if a player wants to go, for whatever reason, I say get rid fast!

PS How good is Delph compared to Mattock?

Cya Joe, thanks for **** all. Most over hyped player at the club, I have NEVER been a fan of his, and judging by the roastings NP used to give him when he made frequent mistakes neither does he.

I would bin him off on anyone willing to pay the money, get the lad from Man City in on loan and we have probably improved with money in the bank.

If he goes to Forest however, He will not get a nice reception from me, the ****ing red ratty Bastard.

PS How good is Delph compared to Mattock?

Naturally we'd all have seen more of Mattock, however on the occasions I have seen Delph, i've been very impressed. He's a natural talent, who I'm sure will go on to be a much better player than Mattock.

Plus contract length remaining does seem to have a factor in these things

Last edited:
He didn't play for City pre season due to U19s, so no interruption there.

Can't help feeling somebody is giving him some bad advice. Oh well, if he wants away as soon as poss, he can feck off. Home town club etc etc, load of bollox.

C'est la vie, I'm over it, next.....

Very good Harbro, 9/10, move to the fornt of the class. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670