Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
two million will do

No doubt the little bugger didn't like being told by Pearson ( who was a pretty good defender in his time ) that he was vin ordinaire last season. Mattock's timing is very poor, things sometimes have a habit of coming back to bite you on your arse at times, hopefully something will feck him up in the not too distant future.

'Helped the foxes win the League 1 title'

Did he ****, he was one player that had very little to do with our achievments last season.

Typical - this is exactly why some clubs don't bother with the whole youth setup. The moment you get someone with promise, they get a few caps at U19/U21 and a supposedly "bigger" club thinks they can offer something better and, what's worse, the players believe them!

Can you think of any Championship clubs into which he would walk into the LB position with ease? Having said that, Stearman seems to have done quite well for himself!

The boy is a fool but I think that Berner will do a decent job and, with circa £1.5 million in the bank we may be able to buy someone with more experience and current ability.

Make sure we get good add-ins should he play for England etc.. + £2m and WBA can have him. However I still feel a bit poo poo about it.

"I don't like it when the player rings the chairman when we are playing a pre-season game to ask to leave when he is out of the country on international duty."

Nigel. Get his blue shirt off as him as well as you kick him out the door, the cowardly, disloyal little prick who hasn't even got the balls to ring his manager to tell him he wants away.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse now that he's asked to leave but I always felt more secure with Berner at left-back.

Get rid of the fcuker, get in a left-back on loan, McGivern maybe and spend some of that money on a transfer fee and/or wages on a striker.

'Helped the foxes win the League 1 title'

Did he ****, he was one player that had very little to do with our achievments last season.

I remember him getting burned by Myrie Williams and giving away a peno, I hope for his sake he doesen't go in the prem.

Oooh... can we use the transfer fee on wages to sign Henri Camara?

Then I'd more than accept Mattock going ;)

Typical - this is exactly why some clubs don't bother with the whole youth setup. The moment you get someone with promise, they get a few caps at U19/U21 and a supposedly "bigger" club thinks they can offer something better and, what's worse, the players believe them!

For the money? If we get 2 million for him then surely thats youth set up well done.

Not disappointed too be losing him but I am disappointed in the manner and way he has conducted himself. Best thing now is to let him move on, get the best price possible and use the money to continue to build on the recent success enjoyed under Pearson.

IMO if we were to lose one of our more "saleable" assets this summer then he was always going to be my preferred choice. This move could be the catalyst for Pearson to go out and bring in the 2 or 3 quality players that would make a real difference to the squad.

I'm not trying to be a smart arse now that he's asked to leave but I always felt more secure with Berner at left-back.

I preferred Powell. :icon_roll

I remember him getting burned by Myrie Williams and giving away a peno, I hope for his sake he doesen't go in the prem.

My reaction at that moment has summed beautifully my feelings here. 'What a twat'.

I agree with Harbro. It's not the necessarily the money. It's more the manner it's conducted in. I am sure the Academy staff who developed him love the way he just wants off as soon as he can smell the money.

The fact that he's waited until a few days before our first game of the season to hand in his transfer request is disgusting as well, leaving us very little time to get a new player settled in before the season gets underway. Prick.

Last edited:
i hope the common twat goe to the prem and they loan him out to a league 2 club. Prick.

The fact that he's waited until a few days before our first game of the season to hand in his transfer request is disgusting as well, leaving us very little time to get a new player settled in before the season gets underway. Prick.

If you read the BBC article you sill see that he asked to leave on the day of a pre-season friendly - so it was Sunday at the lastest he asked to leave. Why we haven't got a replacement in yet I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669