Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the anger or sour grapes. He is currently a good left back, and may go on to be a great left back. However 1.5m for someone in the last year of their contract, someone that a few on here didn't rate last season anyway, is good business.

This will have far less impact on our side than if Fryatt went, and I expect us to be fine in the same way as we were when Stearman went. I certainly don't resent him moving, whether he goes Forest or WBA.

I agree with Harbro. It's not the necessarily the money. It's more the manner it's conducted in. I am sure the Academy staff who developed him love the way he just wants off as soon as he can smell the money.

Actually **** it, I hope he goes to F****t and little Maxy can turn the overhyped **** inside out, all be it with a shit cross as result, but as long as Mattock looks like a Twat im happy.

Last edited:
Actually **** it, I hope he goes to F****t and little Maxy can turn the overhyped **** inside out, all be it with a shit cross as result, but as long as Mattock looks like a Twat im happy.

I'd like to. Add bit of spice. It's between a while since we had a hate figure. :icon_lol: Although that Elliott Ward will get some shit off me when we have Cov.

I'd like to. Add bit of spice. It's between a while since we had a hate figure. :icon_lol: Although that Elliott Ward will get some shit off me when we have Cov.

I will give him shit next season regardless.

Greedy prick.

£1.4m plus numerous add-ons (in case he actually does ever improve to fulfill his early talent) for our third best left back from last season (after Berner and Powell).

I think that's a pretty good deal for us.

By all accounts, he was a bit of a cock anyway. He doesn't strike me as having the determination and bollocks to make it at the highest level.

Bit of the John Curtis about him.

I agree with Harbro. It's not the necessarily the money. It's more the manner it's conducted in. I am sure the Academy staff who developed him love the way he just wants off as soon as he can smell the money.

I don't know the details though, only what has been written on forums and in the papers, nothing quoted. Having seen Stringer's journalism in the past I wouldn't trust his "wants away ASAP" line, otherwise I've no doubt he would have handed in a request earlier in the summer. It might not be the money solely either, he does have a realistically better chance of Prem football, especially with WBA.

I don't know the details though, only what has been written on forums and in the papers, nothing quoted. Having seen Stringer's journalism in the past I wouldn't trust his "wants away ASAP" line, otherwise I've no doubt he would have handed in a request earlier in the summer. It might not be the money solely either, he does have a realistically better chance of Prem football, especially with WBA.

Why?

Oh and you can bet your bottom dollar that the turncoat bastard is going to become a hate figure :icon_lol:

otherwise I've no doubt he would have handed in a request earlier in the summer. .

The story says he handed a request in last summer and given that he's been a way with the U19s plus it looks like we've had a replacement lined up all along, then I'd say there was some indication earlier in the summer.

IMO, the only way he would be bettering himself would be with his cheque every week.

he does have a realistically better chance of Prem football, especially with WBA.

Only with WBA, Forest have not got a measurably better chance of getting promoted than us, and any move there must be motivated purely by money.

I want rid of him anyway really, get some money in and hopefully we can purchase a striker at some point, I would especially welcome the move if it sanctioned a bid for my old pal Healy :icon_lol:

Furious Foxes manager Nigel Pearson said: "It's a situation that has been driven by him.

"In terms of confirming where he goes and for how much, I can't do that, but I'd expect it to be resolved shortly."

Pearson said the manner of the request had infuriated him.

"I like to deal with people straight up," he said.

"I don't like it when the player rings the chairman when we are playing a pre-season game to ask to leave when he is out of the country on international duty.

"That gives you a taste of the situation and we'll wait and see what happens."

You tell him Nige!

Get McGivern or someone on loan, and use the money to buy a quality striker and we'll be better off :)

"Mattock also requested a move from the Walkers Stadium before the start of last season but stayed and helped the club win the League One title."

That was nice of you, Joe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670