Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck Joe.

Only watched you a couple of times.....you're no Ashley Cole.

You're only 19 though, so should improve?

I'm sure we have another couple of left backs - need a forward though.........hold on a minute.....

I'm sure Mattock's agent was straight on the phone to him when he smelt the money he might be able to skim from the deal.

Nail and head are in alignment, his agent must have played a massive part in convincing him that this is the best way out of the club and 'further' his career.

Has anybody listened to Nigel pearson on the radio?....very angry man.

I reckon he has been tapped up whilst playing for England,so much for i am a leicester lad and all that.

Was there not a post about mattock before the end of the season saying he will be definately leave leicester in the summer if a prem club came in for him....bit bizarre then if its the baggies.

I think that might've been from me. But not sure if it was at last seasons player of the year do I heard him say that, or the one before(2008)

Ta'ra Joe. You're nowhere near as good as you think you are, son.

I beg to differ, I think he will do very well and the poss 2 mill we get now, will ultimately be proven as peanuts...I hope I am wrong

I beg to differ, I think he will do very well and the poss 2 mill we get now, will ultimately be proven as peanuts...I hope I am wrong

I concur... if the fee is the £1.4m - £2m that was quoted... without add ons... I think we'll really regret it.

Although I guess nothing to regret as such if he wouldn't sign a new contract... but we'll feel ripped off.

Well, a bit unfortunate that. Not seen quotes that animated from Pearson since he joined the club.

That's what I thought. He must be mightily p****d off.

Bit depressing though, I never like seeing home grown players move on.

As with other posters I'm most annoyed by (a) the player's attitude and (b) that he's just moving to another Championship club

I suspect he'll have an OK career but I don't think his loss is going to make or break our season.

Just hope the fee is decent

It will probably be an 'undisclosed fee'. That way they won't have to tell us that they accepted next to fcuk all for him.

The boy is a fool .

:102:

A fool as in the way he has treated City or in his career decisions. If the latter that remains to be seen, he's probably on a better wage and in a club more favoured for promotion.

To me he's a fool because of course City are the only club I'd ever play for , if I was a professional footballer.....

...until a Premier League club came knocking with a massive contract in their claws.

:018:

20 odd years ago I turned down an offer from the Under-14s village team down the road out of loyalty to my own village, and I would be exactly the same if I was a professional footballer :icon_wink

He doesn't want to play for us, so might as well cash in. Don't see the point of getting pissed off about it as there hasn't been any loyalty in football for years. Why should we expect it with the money in the game? If I was offered a shed load more cash and potential better career prospects from a competitor to my company, I would be off like a shot (which I haven't, which means I am probably shit at my job).

I am indifferent to all footballers at our club, as eventually they feck us over, or the club does them.

It is not that he wants away so much as the fact that he is dissing his manager in the manner of his going.

If he had been a Martin Allen Pik 'N Mix I could understand it, but he has been nurtured through the Academy. He has seen how good the managerial team and squad is and, probably after seeing a few flash cars on international duty, he rings the Chairman, not his Manager, to say "I think the grass is greener etc etc."

It is not about loyalty, it is about respect, and Mattock clearly shows very little of it to the people in a position to influence his career rather than just his bank balance.

Sorry rant over. Fecking greedy, ungrateful tosser!

Mattock will do well wherever he goes, not great to handle the situation in an unprofessional manner but as Brauny Blue said, who cares really? I would have kept him if he wanted to stay.

Looked good in the u19 euros.

Last edited:
Not bothered by this at all. If he wants to go then fine. We don't want anyone who wishes to be elsewhere. From the very limited times that I have seen him I have never been that impressed. Sure he is only 19 and has potential but so do a lot of other players. He may end going on to play in the premier but I suspect we'll have a sell on clause in the agreement. Anyhow, I have complete faith in Bruno and I think the extra 2 million will go nicely towards a couple of new additions.

Last edited:
We've no option but to throw the poisoness little virus overboard. We don't want his disaffection infecting the team spirit NP's built up.

Let him go to those big clubs like Forest or Baggies. Jeez, the Baggies! It was only 6 or 7 years ago they were a tiny, irrelvant club and that's where Mattock will help them return.

He had potential when he broke into the team apparently, never saw it myself. He's played 70 odd matches for us and if anything has got steadily worse.
There were too many times he was a liability last season, he'll probably turn out a decent player but I doubt it. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

He had potential when he broke into the team apparently, never saw it myself. He's played 70 odd matches for us and if anything has got steadily worse.
There were too many times he was a liability last season, he'll probably turn out a decent player but I doubt it. Certainly nothing to get upset about.

Totally agree. He does have potential, but he's way too lazy to fulfill it.

I honestly think Hobbs, Gradel, King and Morrison all show more potential for me than Mattock does. Soemtimes i think the local kid tag clouds fans judgement, as our young players go, he's much worse than the afforementioned four in my eyes.

And if he doesnt want to be here sod him, i think NP has every right to be angry at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669