Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, impressed with NP's reaction. Joe Mattock has clearly made his decision, but the manner in which he has implemented it is not good enough.

A talented player IMO, I expect him to do at WBA what Stearman has done with Wolves and that's - be good and get promoted. Players like Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman are actually very good propects in my opinion. They don't grow on trees players like them, and with a good 10 years left before they reach their prime, good managers/scouts spot this talent IMO.

I never like seeing Leicester City sell players who move on because they believe they are going to bigger and better things, that in this case the bigger and better thing is WBA is extremely disappointing.

Any road, Bruno Berner is a very good left back IMO, so we move on.

Last edited:
I know a Wolves fan who doesnt rate Stearman, apparently he had an excellent first 2 or 3 months but went off big time, towards the end of the season most of the fans were calling for him to be dropped apparently, its definitely not a case of him turning great after he left Leicester anyway.

It's all about opinions isn't it? Mick McCarthy played him in a promotion winning side week in & out.

Many on here wouldn't even allow King to play with his champ, let alone Foxes, yet NP played him in a promotion-winning side week in & out.

Last edited:
I know a Wolves fan who doesnt rate Stearman, apparently he had an excellent first 2 or 3 months but went off big time, towards the end of the season most of the fans were calling for him to be dropped apparently, its definitely not a case of him turning great after he left Leicester anyway.

I do remember reading that last year, apparently did a lot worse after Mancienne left.

But, he still played each week, and is now likely to still be in the starting lineup in the Premiership.

And he's young for his position.

Was sad to see Stearman go, and I think rightly so. Same goes for Mattock. He will play for England.

Said it before, Leicester City will always be bigger than the likes of Mattock. He can feck off, we owe him nothing.

Same goes for Mattock. He will play for England.

I bet my life savings he doesnt. Honestly, i really couldnt see any potential for him playing for England in the future, i cant for the life of me see why people dont think he is a worse prospect than say Joachim or Draper, both of whom never played for England. Ive heard people saying Hobbs will play for England too, honestly Hobbs is a very good player, but to think players who look good in League One (though Mattock never did in my eyes) will play for England in the future is stretching it a lot.

In fact how many Leicester/ex-Leicester players from the the past 20 years have played for England, even when we were in the Premiership? Not including the likes of Dublin, Collymore and Sir Les who came here at the twilight of their careers.

Heskey, Guppy and Walker for one game each and err......

Last edited:
I bet my life savings he doesnt. Honestly, i really couldnt see any potential for him playing for England in the future, i cant for the life of me see why people dont think he is a worse prospect than say Joachim or Draper, both of whom never played for England. Ive heard people saying Hobbs will play for England too, honestly Hobbs is a very good player, but to think players who look good in League One (though Mattock never did in my eyes) will play for England in the future is stretching it a lot.

In fact how many Leicester/ex-Leicester players from the the past 20 years have played for England, even when we were in the Premiership? Not including the likes of Dublin, Collymore and Sir Les who came here at the twilight of their careers.

Heskey, Guppy and Walker for one game each and err......

The fact that Mattock has been a big part of the U19s setup, and played on several occassions for the England U21s, and has been watched by a lot of clubs despite only being 19... He's no where near his peak yet, and is rated highly by a lot of scouts/coaches within the game..

Look at the England 19s and U21s squads from 10 years a go, ad tell me how many players are now England regulars. 1 or 2 if youre lucky, the fact is playing for the U21s or the U19s means very little for your chances of becoming a full international player.

The fact that Mattock has been a big part of the U19s setup, and played on several occassions for the England U21s, and has been watched by a lot of clubs despite only being 19... He's no where near his peak yet, and is rated highly by a lot of scouts/coaches within the game..

The same goes for most of the players in those teams, a lot of the time they don't even have a succesful club career let alone an international one.

Jeez its Joe Mattock ffs !!!!!! not muzzy , walshie, lennon, lineker, weller, shilton blah blah. Just another player soon to be forgotten.....

Jeez its Joe Mattock ffs !!!!!! not muzzy , walshie, lennon, lineker, weller, shilton blah blah. Just another player soon to be forgotten.....

Exactly, let the goofy ****er move on, Can't wait for one of our pacey wingers to take the Twat to pieces.

Exactly, hes not going to win the World Cup or the Golden Boot like Banks or Lineker, did either of them play for the U21s? **** did they! Lineker was really a fringe player at Leicester til he was 22, and Banks didnt play a game for 3rd division Chesterfield til he was 21. Playing for the U21 means little to whether you become an international player or not, better players always emerge.

The fact was he was a mediocre player in a third division side, and i think he is far too lazy to really dedicate himself to becoming good enough for England.

Remember when Francis Jeffers was considered one of England's brightest young stars at Everton, where is he now?

Last edited:
Amazing really that such a fuss is made about a player thats hardly caused a ripple on the Richter scale. Please can someone tell me what he has done or achieved for Leicester City:102:. Trot on....

not bothered about him going, especially if he hasn't got the balls to hand in a transfer request in person to the manager. I don't think he is piss poor but has been an 'average' player for us. What does annoy me is how Leeds can get £6m+ for an unproven England U21 and we look set to bank less than £2m for our own.

Amazing really that such a fuss is made about a player thats hardly caused a ripple on the Richter scale. Please can someone tell me what he has done or achieved for Leicester City:102:. Trot on....

One thing he has done is think he is too big for the club, NP went about this in totally the right way imo, if he doesnt want to be here, ship the parasite off to another team before the ungreatful **** infects the other players.

I, for one, will not wish the "lifelong Leicester fan" who thinks he's better than beign at Leicester, well.

Most Leicester fans would give their right arm to be able to run out wearing the blue shirt and play for us, if he was a so called "fan" he would know this and not leave think he is too good for the club and try and get himself out of it.

I hope he fails miserably if i'm honest, and i hope our fans give him a rightful booing when he comes back.

One thing he has done is think he is too big for the club, NP went about this in totally the right way imo, if he doesnt want to be here, ship the parasite off to another team before the ungreatful **** infects the other players.

I, for one, will not wish the "lifelong Leicester fan" who thinks he's better than beign at Leicester, well.

Most Leicester fans would give their right arm to be able to run out wearing the blue shirt and play for us, if he was a so called "fan" he would know this and not leave think he is too good for the club and try and get himself out of it.

I hope he fails miserably if i'm honest, and i hope our fans give him a rightful booing when he comes back.

I bet we don't - the fans in the Walker's will most likley applaud him.:bang:

if he doesn't want to be here, i'd rather he **** off sooner rather than later, and yes, i will boo the common, over-paid **** when he returns....then i'll shag his sister, on the pitch, at half time.

what a twat. i'm not just saying this because he's left but if he wasn't a 'leicester lad' no one would rate him half as highly as they seem to. kind of annoying that he handed in a transfer request last year as well before proclaiming that getting promoted with us was 'a dream come true' when he really couldn't give a frig and would rather be somewhere else. what a shit. and he's a coward for ringing mandaric rather than speaking to nige. nice of him to leave the club he supported as a lad with just a few days to find a replacement for him as well but hey, he is a decent left back, and there are loads of decent left backs who can actually defend around.
bye bye joe, off you go, have fun finding out that you're not as good as you think you are. ****.

Last edited:

I think our fans are hurt by the thought that Mattock thinks WBA is bigger than Leicester, I can see no other reason. If he goes there he'll be just another WBA defender for me and I will ignore him just as I ignore Jonas Olsson and Paul Robinson. Same goes for Forest.

I don't have a problem with players choosing not to play for Leicester - in fact, if that's what they feel I'm happy they let us know, because they're probably not an asset on the pitch. And if Mattock didn't have the guts to say it directly to Pearson then that's his problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670