Mattock hands in transfer request

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me the issue is he is supposedbly a leics lad, and then joins a club who will be competing with us this season. Total lack of respect. Also as NP has revealed the manner that the transfer request was done is far from professional.

I think he meant while he was a Leicester player... don't know how many he got then, though. Was it only one? Scandalous, if true.

I just find all this stuff about 'he's a Leicester lad and it's very disappointing' and moans about the way Mattock/ his agent appear to have engineered a transfer to be astonishing.

What on earth has it got to do with a professional footballer whether he comes from Leicester. Haven't people got enough sense to realise that when players like Mattock give quotes about their home town club that its strictly for the consumption of naive fans.

At the end of the day, he's used the leverage of being in the last year of his contract to get a transfer and pick up a bigger wage packet because the baggies are enriched with parachoute money.

It's not particularly good business for Leicester City because he's likely to progress to much bigger things over his career - only time will tell of course. But it is the reality of how football is run.

At the end of the day, he's used the leverage of being in the last year of his contract to get a transfer and pick up a bigger wage packet because the baggies are enriched with parachoute money.

It's not particularly good business for Leicester City because he's likely to progress to much bigger things over his career - only time will tell of course. But it is the reality of how football is run.

I'm not sure that is wholly in his best interest. If he had waited until the end of his contract, he would have been able to command a much higher signing-on fee on the grounds that his new club had no transfer fee to pay.

And I would say that it is very good business for City to get money now where in a year's time they would get nothing - and for a player who really hasn't got a care for the club.

Think it is the best time to sell, obviously because of his contract situation, but also because he would be found out at championship level this season and I think his value and potential would drop anyway. He has gone stale and the very fact he hasn't got the bottle to face Pearson shows he lacks the real character required to be a truly top player. Despite his involvement in the U19's and U21's I would be amazed if he goes on to play for England. I think at best he will become an average bottom half of the prem or top half championship full back.

I think its a great time to sell, its going to be a hard season as it is without a jackass moaning every game about wanting to leave and bringing down the other boys moral and focus. We need the boys who want to stay and fight in this league not a prima donna who thinks its beyond him now. Prima donna, Italian for first lady, quite fitting.

I think that anyone is entitled to seek employment elsewhere if that employer is offering better terms & conditions than your current one. Mattock clearly thinks he'd be better off at WBA so good luck to him. City will no doubt use the money to recruit a player who wants to play for us - £1-£2m will come in handy for a striker. There is no such thing as loyalty in business and football is no different. Good luck Joe and thanks for the service you gave City.

What annoys me the most is the potential fee? Whatever people think of this in this day of ridiculous transfers fees on players who are nothing special. Mattock is a young established England youth U19/21 left back with potential. Prices have been stupid this season so if we get less than 2 million then quite frankly we have been robbed!!

Anyone who thinks we can get 2 or three players in for the potential 2 million is living in dreamland!!

Face facts people we didn't sign Cox or Lita because they were asking for too much money in wages Cox went to the Baggies for less than 2 million.

Cant understand why he would leave for another Championship club.
1.if he wants Prem football, go to a prem club.
2 Wages? surely not
3. Young boy missing family - definately not.
4. First team place threatened?, no
5 Not happy at club -obviously
Anyway i would sooner he stayed but im sure we will cope (perhaps even benefit if we use the cash to buy a striker and McGivern turns out to be good)

Think it is the best time to sell, obviously because of his contract situation, but also because he would be found out at championship level this season and I think his value and potential would drop anyway. He has gone stale and the very fact he hasn't got the bottle to face Pearson shows he lacks the real character required to be a truly top player. Despite his involvement in the U19's and U21's I would be amazed if he goes on to play for England. I think at best he will become an average bottom half of the prem or top half championship full back.

Spot on.

'Are we losing an integral part of our side?'

No.

2 million pounds and a more than capable replacement at the ready. Thanks very much.

I really wouldn't be suprised to see West Brom finish out side of the play-offs this season and for Mattock to start as a regular and finish the season on the bench.

Overrated, overhyped, over and out.

Not reading 16 pages of the thread but do we know why this has happened a few days before the start of the season?

If he'd have done this on July the 1st then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566