Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone read the O S unbelieveable..Apparently our Matty
has flat feet that has been causing problems with his ankles when he turns." We are teaching him to run a different way as he has authotics in his boots "

And here's me thought he'd put on weight...and that slowed him down, I just hope they have taught him to run towards the goal as well.

I thought this might have been picked up before we bought the bloke, anyway last season he did'nt look flat-footed, looked a decent aquisition ah well :biggrin:

I wish he would leave the odd centre half flat footed every now and then.

Flat footed player, can't run. No brainer to get rid, surely?

At Fulham he was really excellent.... Let's hope he can regain the motivation he clearly needs to perform at the top level he displayed last year. A bit silly now, but I'm sure I compared him to Lineker at QPR away last season!!!!!!! He does have the ability to finish superbly mind... I still think he could be a massive player for us.

Yeah, flat feet would make you look overweight and unfit!

So what did RK ask the doctor to do when Fryatt had his medical?

" Just check he has got two feet. No need to check if his feet work properly, because he is a smashing lad that will work hard on the training ground."

At Fulham he was really excellent.... Let's hope he can regain the motivation he clearly needs to perform at the top level he displayed last year. A bit silly now, but I'm sure I compared him to Lineker at QPR away last season!!!!!!! He does have the ability to finish superbly mind... I still think he could be a massive player for us.

i agree alex and as you say hope he find his touch again soon

Last edited:
This lad gets way too much stick - he is clearly a good player (as Fulham demonstrated). He has a great touch and far more awareness that most forwards we've had hear in years. Lets be patient and he will come good, he is still very young.

I can believe people's fickleness towards him. He was absolute quality back end of season, now with people's aint-Rk vibes I thought they would back him. Instead he's a lazy no-gooder. It's obivious he's bogged down by the current manager and regime, the quality of players around him means his service is basic.

He was one of England's biggest prospects 18 months ago.

He still has the potential to be a bloody good footballer.

As I said when Horsfield came here, this club will ruin anybody's career

This lad gets way too much stick - he is clearly a good player (as Fulham demonstrated). He has a great touch and far more awareness that most forwards we've had hear in years. Lets be patient and he will come good, he is still very young.

Agree completely. He's having a bad season because he's been injured and can't get a run of games together. Whenever he does play he's still trying to regain match fitness.

For me, Fryatt is a player who has clearly been harmed massively this season by the lack of a reserve team. If he'd been able to come back slowly in the reserves after injuries he might not have had as much problem with them, and he'd be able to get fit and have a proper run out, rather just the 10 minutes he kept getting at the end of games to try and get him fit.

It was told to me before earlier in the season that he was totally pissed off with the club because they refused a bid from Brum for him........ where he wanted to go, so whether thats had anything to do with a total loss of form I'll leave that to your goodselves to decide

I can believe people's fickleness towards him. He was absolute quality back end of season, now with people's aint-Rk vibes I thought they would back him. Instead he's a lazy no-gooder. It's obivious he's bogged down by the current manager and regime, the quality of players around him means his service is basic.

He was one of England's biggest prospects 18 months ago.

I'd agree with most of that. He's only a young player and has a wretched season with injury and has struggled with form. I still think he could prove to be a quality player for us. Hopefully in a strong team next season that actually gives him some chances

Last edited:
Don't buy it.

Me neither, the club would have been shouting it from the rooftops at the time.
We can't buy it.

The club medics would have picked up on it at his medical, until I see him in Forrest Gump calipers I won't believe it.

They are taking the piss out of us again, I suppose the ol' "freak training ground accident" has now run it's course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669