Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't buy it.

The club medics would have picked up on it at his medical, until I see him in Forrest Gump calipers I won't believe it.

They are taking the piss out of us again, I suppose the ol' "freak training ground accident" has now run it's course

Well, Fryatt's latest injury comes from the way he runs and now RK and Stowell are learning how to run differently. It's a first one on me.

I think the medical staff also missed the fact that he was a fat useless git

Last edited:
He still has the potential to be a bloody good footballer.

As I said when Horsfield came here, this club will ruin anybody's career

If he plays like did on Tues. then I think he came here with wrong or has a attitude problem. He wasn't interested. Hope he regains his earlier form but I have my doubts. Maybe this was his problem at Leeds & Sheff Utd. I honestly thought he was a good player to bring as he gave us presence up front but that hasn't happened in the last 2 games. I hope I'm wrong because I think he can do a job for us short term.

Last edited:
If he plays like did on Tues. then I think he came here with wrong or has a attitude problem. He wasn't interested. Hope he regains his earlier form but I have my doubts. Maybe this was his problem at Leeds & Sheff Utd. I honestly thought he was a good player to bring as he gave us presence up front but that hasn't happened in the last 2 games. I hope I'm wrong because I think he can do a job for us short term.
I agree entirely, but my personal opinion is that experienced professionals that "have been around the block" don't appreciate the likes of Stowell screaming bullshit tactics and random abuse at them in front of 25,000 people and TV cameras.

I think for the past few years, and most notably this season, the players have got zero respect for the management team at Leicester and don't want to play for them as they know everything they do and say is totally wrong

Last edited:
Think Fryatt is going to be the bees knees in the future. We need to support and back him while he gets over this injury ravaged season. As stated previously the situation arises becaause of the lack of reserve football to allow players torecover their fitness after injury.

Think Fryatt is going to be the bees knees in the future. We need to support and back him while he gets over this injury ravaged season. As stated previously the situation arises becaause of the lack of reserve football to allow players torecover their fitness after injury.

I wouldn't give up hope on Fryatt just yet
I reckon he'll be our top striker next season.

I agree entirely, but my personal opinion is that experienced professionals that "have been around the block" don't appreciate the likes of Stowell screaming bullshit tactics and random abuse at them in front of 25,000 people and TV cameras.

I think for the past few years, and most notably this season, the players have got zero respect for the management team at Leicester and don't want to play for them as they know everything they do and say is totally wrong
If they don't want to play for them, they shouldn't have come here in the first place. I tend to think that older player come with the attitude that they know better that their managers and want to influence the others, e.g. Dublin, Keown. This disrurpts the whole team. Not saying this is the case with Horse but just generally in the game it happens not just at our club.

Last edited:
If they want to play for them, they shouldn't have come here in the first place
A bit harsh really, we've all had managers that we detest, but you don't know that until you start working there

Having said that, you must respect your manager and follow his instructions. But it's when his instructions start to make you and your colleagues look like a bunch of cnuts that the problems arise

Horsefield has been a bit-part player for the last few years - high impact late appearances. I doubt he is up to 90 minutes of kick and rush. He never was that fast even at his peak.

And he has always had a bit of an attitude problem - if the ball didn't appear in the exact spot at the exact split second he wanted he wasn't interested.

So lump and chase football is hardly going to suit him - especially in a team that can't even lump it straight.

A bit harsh really, we've all had managers that we detest, but you don't know that until you start working there

Having said that, you must respect your manager and follow his instructions. But it's when his instructions start to make you and your colleagues look like a bunch of cnuts that the problems arise
Yes, but us as supporters who pay the money watch them and they put no effort in week after week are not very pleased. No matter how good they were or how talented they are(i.e. Williams) if they put no effort , us supporters think we are being cheated. Something about a honest day work for a honest days pay. The manager picks them to do a job and a proffesional player should do that job. I always did in my working life, had my say but then did what was required.

Yes, but us as supporters who pay the money watch them and they put no effort in week after week are not very pleased. No matter how good they were or how talented they are(i.e. Williams) if they put no effort , us supporters think we are being cheated. Something about a honest day work for a honest days pay. The manager picks them to do a job and a proffesional player should do that job. I always did in my working life, had my say but then did what was required.

Now quite highly rated by Watford fans I know.

Supports the poor management theory.

Now quite highly rated by Watford fans I know.

Supports the poor management theory.

Also supports the bogged down in the Championship theory, I doubt Watford seen his lack of marking when Charlton got their first goal a couple of weeks back.

I've always thought he looked a bit flat footed. Always on his heels.

Like Pires but Pires didnt need to change his running style.

When he came on, he was our best player by a country mile today, he changed the way we played as he used his ability to hold the ball up and spread it to the wings. He also managed to score a great goal, one which I would very much doubt any other of our players would have been able to score.

Basically I started this thread because Matty Fryatt has been getting a lot of stick on this board over the season and as I haven't seen him play often until today I didn't bother sticking up for him as I didn't have my own opinion. However, after today, anyone who believes that Fryatt should be or should have been shipped out needs their heads checking!! He offered 100 times more than Hammond today and hopefully the lad can stay injury free until the start of next season and then he can show all you doubters what he is really capable of!

Man of The Match today - Matty Fryatt!! :038:

When he came on, he was our best player by a country mile today, he changed the way we played as he used his ability to hold the ball up and spread it to the wings. He also managed to score a great goal, one which I would very much doubt any other of our players would have been able to score.

Basically I started this thread because Matty Fryatt has been getting a lot of stick on this board over the season and as I haven't seen him play often until today I didn't bother sticking up for him as I didn't have my own opinion. However, after today, anyone who believes that Fryatt should be or should have been shipped out needs their heads checking!! He offered 100 times more than Hammond today and hopefully the lad can stay injury free until the start of next season and then he can show all you doubters what he is really capable of!

Man of The Match today - Matty Fryatt!! :038:

nice one M17TT..... there is a way around everything.Lets see him merge this thread.....:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669