Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Bowyer? He appears to have learned from past mistakes and for several years now has kept a low profile and just got on with his job. Only time will tell on Barton, but for you to 'thoroughly dislike' Bowyer is a little unfair, unless he's done something to you specifically. Has he?

Agreed, as saying that on Saturday.

Exactly the type of 'fan' that pisses me off more every week. Really, some people who describe themselves as Leicester fans turn up solely to be miserable. I worry about how much longer I can continue to be associated with such utter pricks.

One of the reason I might not get a ST next season is that I can feel myself becoming a reactionary twat. There's been a couple of occasions where I've felt like saying stuff to certain plonkers (mostly along the lines of: Why bother coming if it winds you up this much?). Problem is that I'd know I would be as bad as them - basically finding an outlet for my disappointment.

Agreed, as saying that on Saturday.

One of the reason I might not get a ST next season is that I can feel myself becoming a reactionary twat. There's been a couple of occasions where I've felt like saying stuff to certain plonkers (mostly along the lines of: Why bother coming if it winds you up this much?). Problem is that I'd know I would be as bad as them - basically finding an outlet for my disappointment.

no one masturbate anymore?:icon_bigg

Since the beginning of November, we've played 15 games. Fryatt has scored two goals in these games, the last one being a penalty against Sheff Utd on Boxing Day. The other being a late consolation against Bristol City in early Dec.

Over this period we've scored a total of 17 goals spread as follows:

King - 4
N'Guessan - 3
Waghorn (1P), Morrison, Howard, Fryatt (1P) - 2
Berner, Dyer - 1

There are a number of posts, both in this thread and elsewhere, questioning where our goals are going to come from without Fryatt and requesting a goal scoring replacement for him. It is as though without him, there are no goals. This is nonsense because with him, there have been precious few.

My point is that we've lost a player who hasn't directly been contributing goals for some time. I value Fryatt as a player and I'd rather he was in the team than not. However, Steve Howard has been more efective in front of goal over this period if you give him credit for two goals from normal play. Howard has also had far less pitch time than Fryatt over the same period.

Our problem at the moment is the fact that nobody is scoring consistently. Fryatt has had more pitch time up front than anyone else over this period and he's been poor in front of goal. His main role is not to cross, hassle defenders, control the ball well, dribble - it is to be on the end of all that.

How has he not been directly contributing to goals? It's not all about scoring them.

The idea that we are losing goals is not because Fryatt has scored them, he has got at least 5 assists in those 15 games - 1 assist in 3 is incredible, the top assisters in the league usually get about 1 in 5 and most've them are via set pieces, which makes the stat even better as he doesn't take ours.

He has been a major force in creating the goals in many more. We are losing our main creative force, we don't have anyone else who can take on or turn defenders like Fryatt can.

Last edited:
How has he not been directly contributing to goals? It's not all about scoring them.

The idea that we are losing goals is not because Fryatt has scored them, he has got at least 5 assists in those 15 games - 1 assist in 3 is incredible, the top assisters in the league usually get about 1 in 5 and most've them are via set pieces, which makes the stat even better as he doesn't take ours.

He has been a major force in creating the goals in many more. We are losing our main creative force, we don't have anyone else who can take on or turn defenders like Fryatt can.

Sorry, but that is nonsense. Fryatt has 6 assists in 29 games this season. As a striker naturally involved in most of our forward play, we should expect this as a minimum. Our other most frequent forwards are Waghorn with 3 assists in 11 games, N'Guessan has 3 assists in 16 games, Gallagher 3 in 18. All are only slightly better or worse than Fryatt and all have spent much of their appearances as subs or playing in midfield.

Fryatt doesn't stand out for his assists. He's done exactly what you'd expect from anyone who has been our main attacking player throughout the season.

Sorry, but that is nonsense. Fryatt has 6 assists in 29 games this season. As a striker naturally involved in most of our forward play, we should expect this as a minimum. Our other most frequent forwards are Waghorn with 3 assists in 11 games, N'Guessan has 3 assists in 16 games, Gallagher 3 in 18. All are only slightly better or worse than Fryatt and all have spent much of their appearances as subs or playing in midfield.

Fryatt doesn't stand out for his assists. He's done exactly what you'd expect from anyone who has been our main attacking player throughout the season.

Yes and he also has over double the goals than anyone else from the whole season. You can't only use his goal ratio of his last 15 games as an example as to how he has not been contributing to the goals then ignore his assist ratio from that time and only compare assist ratios from the whole season.

He is being forced to drop back as an attacking midfielder and as a winger. Whenever we play Howard it was always Fryatt who was the one holding up the ball, not Howard who's job as a target man that was supposed to be.

It's quite obvious to me that playing alongside Waghorn as he was before xmas and before has been his most productive stage of the season in terms of actually scoring the goals, yet playing alongside Howard or both Gallagher and Waghorn similtanously, he is being forced to go and get the ball for himself.

Surely if a player's goals dry up as his number of assists explode that is an indication that his service is drying up and he is having to do it himself? No one else seems to want to, or is good enough, to give him that service in recent weeks with players like Waghorn and Wellens going off the boil so badly.

Either way, whether he is going through a glut of goals or assists he is still directly contributing to our goals.

Last edited:
Yes and he also has over double the goals than anyone else from the whole season. You can't only use his goal ratio of his last 15 games as an example as to how he has not been contributing to the goals then ignore his assist ratio from that time and only compare assist ratios from the whole season.

He is being forced to drop back as an attacking midfielder and as a winger. Whenever we play Howard it was always Fryatt who was the one holding up the ball, not Howard who's job as a target man that was supposed to be.

It's quite obvious to me that playing alongside Waghorn as he was before xmas and before has been his most productive stage of the season in terms of actually scoring the goals, yet playing alongside Howard or both Gallagher and Waghorn similtanously, he is being forced to go and get the ball for himself.

Surely if a player's goals dry up as his number of assists explode that is an indication that his service is drying up and he is having to do it himself? No one else seems to want to, or is good enough, to give him that service in recent weeks with players like Waghorn and Wellens going off the boil so badly.

Either way, whether he is going through a glut of goals or assists he is still directly contributing to our goals.

:038: Top Post

:038:

If the FA do decide it was bad/deliberate, can we actually get anything out of it?

The only thing could be a suspension/fine for the player isn't it? Any chance of us getting compensation for it?

My point earlier in this thread was that the loss of Fryatt was not such a bad thing. Far from it being the end of our season, I thought it may actually be a blessing. Not that I don't rate him, just that we'd not been threatening much with him for some time.

He's now missed our last 5 games - 3 wins and 2 draws - 11 goals scored. We've not failed to score in any game since the last one he played in. In spells during those games, we've seen the most fluid and attacking forward play of the season.

I'd like him fit and back in the squad but nobody can surely claim that we're missing him. If he was fit next week, would anybody really want him in the starting 11? At his best maybe, but he'd not been playing like that for months.

Matty Who . . .

My point earlier in this thread was that the loss of Fryatt was not such a bad thing. Far from it being the end of our season, I thought it may actually be a blessing. Not that I don't rate him, just that we'd not been threatening much with him for some time.

He's now missed our last 5 games - 3 wins and 2 draws - 11 goals scored. We've not failed to score in any game since the last one he played in. In spells during those games, we've seen the most fluid and attacking forward play of the season.

I'd like him fit and back in the squad but nobody can surely claim that we're missing him. If he was fit next week, would anybody really want him in the starting 11? At his best maybe, but he'd not been playing like that for months.

Matty Who . . .

I think we should also give a big hand to Martyn Waghorn.

This guy has took that central role in the 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 and really stepped up to the plate.

Before his injury, Fryatt was the only player in our team who looked capable of causing opposition problems. Maybe we relied on him too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00