Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have another 5 strikers at the club so the FA might not see this that way so there is every chance they might reject this.

I think it's the Football League that has to approve the loan, not the FA. But I can't remember hearing of them turning loans down. When we got Ajdarevic and Davies on loan last season we weren't short of midfielders.

When we got Ajdarevic and Davies on loan last season we weren't short of midfielders.

Ajdarevic dont count as he was a free agent, Just like Dickov who is now training with Leeds.

Last season Astrit was on loan from Liverpool.

Are you sure? I thought there was 2 or 3 clubs looking at him cus he was a free agent, And i`m thinking he was on trial with us and not a loan befor we signed him up?????

He was on trial before he joined us on loan.

Your too good, I still think City will not be allowed to sign a striker as an emergency loan.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a challenge I have seen in recent years that is a more blatent attempt to injure someone, nevermind just foul them

So as the ref took no action, couldn't retrospective action be taken against the player using the video evidence?

I don't understand what people are missing on the potential loan situation.

Outside of the transfer windows (July/August & January say), there is a seperate "loan window" for Football League clubs. This opens a week or so after the regular transfer window, and closes end of November I think, and then closes again sometime in March from memory of last year. Loans in these periods are what Jeff and co. are referring to as "Emergency Loans", there are no restrictions on you who are allowed to take on loan (or at least no extra restrictions)

It is only outside of these "loan windows" that clubs apply for loans that sometimes get rejected by the Football League, in situations where for example the club argue they have no goalkeepers available due to injury.

Right now, we could sign a striker on loan without the Football League caring. When the loan window closes, it's a different story, and they'd no doubt be telling us use one of the other 5 you've got.

(I hope that's right, or look a bit of a twat ;))

So as the ref took no action, couldn't retrospective action be taken against the player using the video evidence?

If the ref didn't see it (i.e. it's not included in his match report), I think that's the only time retrospective action can be taken.

If the ref saw it and deemed it not a foul/not a booking/not a red card, then that decision can't be changed.

They would have to approve it.
Loans outside the transfer window are really supposed to cover things like injuries and suspensions etc, but it's unusual for the league not to approve them.

On the other hand the football league might turn round and say that this is not an emergency cus you have another 5 strikers.

And NP would say, no we only have three. Howard, Waghorn and Yann.

Very Good, Stick N`Guessan and Gallagher up top then.

Last edited:
I'd like to see N'Guessan give more of a central role.

Agree in principle, as I think N'Guessen has been pretty good in most of the games he has played, but I think he's more effective out wide. That's where he did damage at QPR and Blackpool, which were his best two games in my view.

I think Waghorn is capable of playing the central role and, while I'm not a big fan of Gallagher yet, I think he ought to be given a shot in his 'natural position'. Yann and Howard, as much as I like them and as much as they can bring to a side, don't carry a regular goal threat.

Plus Yann is out with an injury at the minute and he wasn't match sharp before the injury so could be weeks before is is affective.

Plus he is yet to score in 13 games, so we would be well within our rights to argue that's he's not actually a striker.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69