Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the incident again. He runs straight at him even changing the direction of his run to make contact with him, jumps over the ball and elbows him in the face. It's an awful, awful challenge and undoubtably a red card offense. It's a joke we didn't even get a free-kick for it.

Feck me. Fryatt has been bleeding awful in front of goal for months. He's scored twice in our last fifteen games, one of which was a penalty.

Firstly, he has scored 4 goals in our last 15 games. Secondly, he was ill for 2 of those and dropped for another. So that's 4 goals from 12 starts, which isn't too bad.

He's also set up twice as many goals than any other of our players in that time.

I don't understand the people who slag off Fryatt I really don't. He chases down everything, beats players, crosses balls in etc.

Because the rest of our attack is so bad, he's constantly being forced out onto the wing and dropping back as a midfielder etc. I don't know how you can even expect him to score that many goals as he's having to do the job of 2 or 3 players, and I reckon he's had a major part to play in about 80% of our goals from open play this season.

As far as I can see we are going to miss him big time and tbh I wouldn't want to lose any other player less, even Weale.

Last edited:
Fryatt is head & shoulders the best striker we have at the club. Why anyone might think we won't miss him is just lunacy.

IMO Fryatt is a very very good player he has the best close control I have seen on a striker outside the prem in a very long time.
However I think some people make it a mission of theirs to find faults with him just to piss people off and prove to the people that think he can do no wrong that he is human and shouldn't be hero worshipped!
This happened with hume as a lot of fans started to dislike him because a fair few fans would shout huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmeee every time he shot regardless of where it ended up.

(just for the record I am not compairing fryatt with hume on an ability level)

Firstly, he has scored 4 goals in our last 15 games. Secondly, he was ill for 2 of those and dropped for another. So that's 4 goals from 12 starts, which isn't too bad.

He's also set up twice as many goals than any other of our players in that time.

I don't understand the people who slag off Fryatt I really don't. He chases down everything, beats players, crosses balls in etc.

Because the rest of our attack is so bad, he's constantly being forced out onto the wing and dropping back as a midfielder etc. I don't know how you can even expect him to score that many goals as he's having to do the job of 2 or 3 players, and I reckon he's had a major part to play in about 80% of our goals from open play this season.
:038:
As far as I can see we are going to miss him big time and tbh I wouldn't want to lose any other player less, even Weale.

On another note, did anyone see Sullivan kick Waghorn in the head? I think Waggy took him down when attacking a free kick, then Sullivan kicked Waggy while he was down.

When Fryatt was rumoured to be going I wasn't that bothered but when we look at our other strikers now he is injured, I must admit I think we are going to struggle to score goals, although Fryatt hasn't been scoring he has been having a good impact like in the Blackpool game, get well soon Matty!

Well the one Donny fan I speak to says Stock isn't malicious and it was definitely accidental and wasn't a free kick.( We disagree on that)

She also said Pearson had no right to say her lot came and played negatively and defensively when that's how we played v Newcastle.( I disagreed with that and told her she was watching a different game to everyone else if she thought we played defensively against the Geordies!)

Since the beginning of November, we've played 15 games. Fryatt has scored two goals in these games, the last one being a penalty against Sheff Utd on Boxing Day. The other being a late consolation against Bristol City in early Dec.

Over this period we've scored a total of 17 goals spread as follows:

King - 4
N'Guessan - 3
Waghorn (1P), Morrison, Howard, Fryatt (1P) - 2
Berner, Dyer - 1

There are a number of posts, both in this thread and elsewhere, questioning where our goals are going to come from without Fryatt and requesting a goal scoring replacement for him. It is as though without him, there are no goals. This is nonsense because with him, there have been precious few.

My point is that we've lost a player who hasn't directly been contributing goals for some time. I value Fryatt as a player and I'd rather he was in the team than not. However, Steve Howard has been more efective in front of goal over this period if you give him credit for two goals from normal play. Howard has also had far less pitch time than Fryatt over the same period.

Our problem at the moment is the fact that nobody is scoring consistently. Fryatt has had more pitch time up front than anyone else over this period and he's been poor in front of goal. His main role is not to cross, hassle defenders, control the ball well, dribble - it is to be on the end of all that.

Last edited:
The FA have exclusively told Radio Leicester that they will be looking into the incident that left Fryatt with a broken jaw.

I just don't like him:icon_razz(But at least I'll say well done when he's had a good game, I know plenty of folk who won't says a good word about the players they hate, Ben hates Oakley and always slags him off, but I reckon that's just cos he knows he even further down the list than he was to start with-and that was about 5th!)

Why would anyone hate King or Oakley or any of the present Leicester team.

I cannot say I have disliked any Leicester player since the short period between Wise assaulting Davidson and him leaving the club. Away from Leicester I thoroughly dislike Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton and Leeds. I have seen Spider Kalac put on the worst goalkeeping display I have ever seen so Leicester lost 2-3 a game we should have won 2-0 but all I felt was pity as a young mans football career seemed to be falling apart. I don't rate Neilson as a footballer but I certainly don't hate him.

I have always found that hatred and anger were bad advisors.

Ben hates being happy. Which is why he whinges about anything and everything when at the football.(And why I put my headphones in so I don't have to listen to him spout his rubbish.)

He was so upset t'other week after Newcastle cos he couldn't fault any of the players after Wellens got red carded.:icon_roll

I cannot say I have disliked any Leicester player since the short period between w*s* assaulting Davidson and him leaving the club. Away from Leicester I thoroughly dislike Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton and Leeds. I have seen Spider Kalac put on the worst goalkeeping display I have ever seen so Leicester lost 2-3 a game we should have won 2-0 but all I felt was pity as a young mans football career seemed to be falling apart. I don't rate Neilson as a footballer but I certainly don't hate him.

Why Bowyer? He appears to have learned from past mistakes and for several years now has kept a low profile and just got on with his job. Only time will tell on Barton, but for you to 'thoroughly dislike' Bowyer is a little unfair, unless he's done something to you specifically. Has he?

I cannot say I have disliked any Leicester player since the short period between w*s* assaulting Davidson and him leaving the club. Away from Leicester I thoroughly dislike Lee Bowyer and Joey Barton and Leeds. I have seen Spider Kalac put on the worst goalkeeping display I have ever seen so Leicester lost 2-3 a game we should have won 2-0 but all I felt was pity as a young mans football career seemed to be falling apart. I don't rate Neilson as a footballer but I certainly don't hate him.

How could anyone hate Oakley :058:

Ben hates being happy. Which is why he whinges about anything and everything when at the football.(And why I put my headphones in so I don't have to listen to him spout his rubbish.)

He was so upset t'other week after Newcastle cos he couldn't fault any of the players after Wellens got red carded.:icon_roll

Exactly the type of 'fan' that pisses me off more every week. Really, some people who describe themselves as Leicester fans turn up solely to be miserable. I worry about how much longer I can continue to be associated with such utter pricks.

Since the beginning of November, we've played 15 games. Fryatt has scored two goals in these games, the last one being a penalty against Sheff Utd on Boxing Day. The other being a late consolation against Bristol City in early Dec.

Over this period we've scored a total of 17 goals spread as follows:

King - 4
N'Guessan - 3
Waghorn (1P), Morrison, Howard, Fryatt (1P) - 2
Berner, Dyer - 1

There are a number of posts, both in this thread and elsewhere, questioning where our goals are going to come from without Fryatt and requesting a goal scoring replacement for him. It is as though without him, there are no goals. This is nonsense because with him, there have been precious few.

My point is that we've lost a player who hasn't directly been contributing goals for some time. I value Fryatt as a player and I'd rather he was in the team than not. However, Steve Howard has been more efective in front of goal over this period if you give him credit for two goals from normal play. Howard has also had far less pitch time than Fryatt over the same period.

Our problem at the moment is the fact that nobody is scoring consistently. Fryatt has had more pitch time up front than anyone else over this period and he's been poor in front of goal. His main role is not to cross, hassle defenders, control the ball well, dribble - it is to be on the end of all that.

Good shout this.

I made up my mind about Fryatt some time ago.

He is not a natural goal-scorer.

He is a gifted footballer who happens to play up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00