Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards DJ, I know it's not real life but the rule on Football Manager is that if you pay a fee to loan a player you cannot recall the player, other than that they generally have a 24 hour recall clause. Not sure if this is the same in real life.

With regards DJ, I know it's not real life but the rule on Football Manager is that if you pay a fee to loan a player you cannot recall the player, other than that they generally have a 24 hour recall clause. Not sure if this is the same in real life.

It's not the same in real life. Other than a goalkeeper, you're not allowed to recall a player during the first 28 days of a short-term loan. From day 29 to day 93, you can recall.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a challenge I have seen in recent years that is a more blatent attempt to injure someone, nevermind just foul them

Whilst I think it was a 50/50 ball to be won... I can't understand why Stock decided to jump into Fryatt with his arms raised when the ball was on the floor.

I thought it was a peno at the time.(Or at least a free kick) And watching that doesn't change my mind.

Will be interesting to see what the refs report says and if anything further will come of if....though as it's us I doubt it- maybe I'm being a tad cynical about the FL where we are concerned though!

Feck me. Fryatt has been bleeding awful in front of goal for months. He's scored twice in our last fifteen games, one of which was a penalty.

Granted, he's been playing pretty well in terms of his running and so on, but we're hardly going to miss his goals. His goals stopped a long time ago.

You can assume that he was going to start scoring again sometime soon if you like. But I've not seen much recent evidence to suggest he was.

As for the challenge on him last night. From my angle in the kop, it looked like an accidental clash. From the ref and lino's angle, it must have looked the same. From the tv angle, it looked deliberate. I guess the only person who really knows is the Donny player.

Feck me. Fryatt has been bleeding awful in front of goal for months. He's scored twice in our last fifteen games, one of which was a penalty.

Granted, he's been playing pretty well in terms of his running and so on, but we're hardly going to miss his goals. His goals stopped a long time ago.

You can assume that he was going to start scoring again sometime soon if you like. But I've not seen much recent evidence to suggest he was.

As for the challenge on him last night. From my angle in the kop, it looked like an accidental clash. From the ref and lino's angle, it must have looked the same. From the tv angle, it looked deliberate. I guess the only person who really knows is the Donny player.

Agree with the first part regarding Fryatt's goals, but not the second...hard to see how that mugging can be misconstrued as an accidental clash. But then I didn't have your angle as you point out.

If I were playing and someone had done that to my teammate I'd have gone spare...but there you go.

Yeah, what with all those easy games against Unibond League sides we've had lately he should have a goal to game ratio of at least 2:1 :icon_roll all strikers go through patches where they don't score. All of them. There's nothing unusual about it. Matty has been doing just fine.

So we've already seen the very last goals of his career? Do we just say "Sorry Matty, you're 24 and you're obviously never going to score again. Collect your shit and do one"?

Maybe you should watch the game more closely. I've never had you down as someone who would get on the team's back for one uninspired performance. I hope I wasn't wrong.

You can't tell from that clip that he's gone in with the sole intention of putting Matty on the deck?

I've just that challenge and in my opinion I can see no attempt to play the ball. Not 100% sure he went out to injure him but he quite clearly barged into him. Penalty in my eyes and a yellow card. Get well soon Matty

It looks more like a physical assault to me.

If it happened in the Premiership in a televised game the media would be calling for a review of the the situation.

:icon_lol: Don't worry, we'll get back to Andy King soon enough.

I just don't like him:icon_razz(But at least I'll say well done when he's had a good game, I know plenty of folk who won't says a good word about the players they hate, Ben hates Oakley and always slags him off, but I reckon that's just cos he knows he even further down the list than he was to start with-and that was about 5th!)

That has no relevance to the fact that now/today we would not need an emergency loan to bring in a striker.

It doesnt matter who we sign once the window has closed, it is still classed as an emergency loan, The transfer window shuts so that you are not allowed to sign anybody unless it is an emergency.

We have another 5 strikers at the club so the FA might not see this that way so there is every chance they might reject this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69