Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
That certainly used to be the case, but didn't we originally sign Oakley and Howard on 'emergency' deals?

IIRC the Football League's regulations makes no reference at all to 'emergency' deals. There are various exceptions to the normal rules made in relation to goalkeepers (only) which have attracted the term 'emergency'.

Why do you continue to talk about ordinary loans in these terms? What you are talking about is not 'emergency loans', which is something completely different.

Once the January window shuts and players sign on loan, these loans are known as emergency loans and not ordinary!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nasty injury to Fryatt. This season is over for him. At least 6 weeks for it to heal with surgery. Then they have to decide whether he can play with metalwork in or not! I wouldn't expect him back til the start of next season at least.

Does anyone have a link to the footage of the challenge please?, I've heard so many conflicting "it was cynical/it was an accident" reports...

This is exactly why we signed Gally in the first place. I love Fryatt and I think he is a very gifted player, but his injury doesn't neccessarily mean the bottom has fallen out of our season.

Sometimes an injury like this is when a new talent emerges.

Come in DJ all is forgiven.

He won't even want to come back. Can you honestly imagine him putting all his effort into it after it has been made so obvious Pearson never rated him.

i put this in another thread but waghorn and gallagher might work as a strike partnership?

Last edited:
Furthermore, please tell me why any club would be putting out to loan an experienced striker guaranteed to score more than our current crop.

Although DJ has been unmotivated and has been worse than poor for Leicester, I agree that letting him out on loan to another club in the same league and one that is sort of challenging us for a play off place is not a smart move at all.

We all know that in this life that sh-t happens and that the Fryatt injury was a disaster waiting to happen. It is a disaster because we have no other goal scorer and even with him are almost out of fuel in the play off race.

Managers and owners need to be pragmatic and DJ is as near to a replacement 'goal scorer' as we have on the books.

Given that we didn't bring in another striker in the January window - and in fact didn't make any meaningful signings whatsoever - then it was in the club's best interests to bring back DJ until the end of the season.

I've got no problem with saying that NP has done an excellent job but either he or MM or both messed up in January. In my opinion the business that they did do was unhelpful to a play off challenge - and now 'the wing and a prayer' policy of having just one goal scorer in the squad has fallen apart.

DJ may be a w-nker but he's a w-nker who we would be better off with here at the moment. If he's completely unmotivated to place for Leicester then it's the manager's job to make him motivated. Big Jock Wallace would certainly have sorted him out.

Managers and owners need to be pragmatic and DJ is as near to a replacement 'goal scorer' as we have on the books.
Given that we didn't bring in another striker in the January window - and in fact didn't make any meaningful signings whatsoever - then it was in the club's best interests to bring back DJ until the end of the season.

There is no recall, He is there until the end of the season.

Leicester striker DJ Campbell has returned to Blackpool - a popular figure during his time at Bloomfield Road - on a loan deal until June.

Last edited:
Freddie Sears aka Mini Matty Fryatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673