Maybury linked to move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracts given to footballers work two ways. They protect the club, and the player.

If a club signs a player on a long contract, it means the player can't leave during the contract period - unless the club agrees - and gets a transfer fee.

If clubs expect to be able to sack players without honouring the contract, they should also expect players to do the same thing. If players could just break contracts whenever they want it would be the end of the transfer market as we know it. There would be no long term planning because you don't know which players will hang around. Clubs wouldn't be able to get transfer fees for players because they could just walk out.

If clubs expect players to honour the contracts, clubs should also honour them.

Contracts given to footballers work two ways. They protect the club, and the player.

If a club signs a player on a long contract, it means the player can't leave during the contract period - unless the club agrees - and gets a transfer fee.

If clubs expect to be able to sack players without honouring the contract, they should also expect players to do the same thing. If players could just break contracts whenever they want it would be the end of the transfer market as we know it. There would be no long term planning because you don't know which players will hang around. Clubs wouldn't be able to get transfer fees for players because they could just walk out.

If clubs expect players to honour the contracts, clubs should also honour them.

I think I've spotted a loophole here. Players could decide not to play so well when they hear of interest from another club, they could do just enough to not break their contract, for example turn up for training and not eat McDonalds. Surely none would do this?

I think I've spotted a loophole here. Players could decide not to play so well when they hear of interest from another club, they could do just enough to not break their contract, for example turn up for training and not eat McDonalds. Surely none would do this?

Of course not. It's never ever happened in the history of football.

Alan Clarke just had several consecutive off days at the end of his time with us.

We should have let him go to Sunderland last season when they made an offer now we end up paying the rest of the contract and let him leave on a free, typical leicester city

We should have let him go to Sunderland last season when they made an offer now we end up paying the rest of the contract and let him leave on a free, typical leicester city

God knows how much these payoffs have cost? How many decent players have we missed due to the budget being blown on these bums. Yep, typical Leicester City.

Last edited:
I'm glad he is going:):):):):):) giggety giggety giggety!

He had half a dozen decent games and then wa shite. So I'm glad he's off. The sooner the better. Same goes for Rab Douglas only with fewer good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669