Maybury linked to move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people harping on about days players turn up? WTF has that got to do with anything??:bang:

I'm not but I don't see why you are arguing at all to be honest.They might mean they are turning up willing to work/play,if the Manager chooses not to want them to work/play then that is hardly grounds for dismisal

Ive got no idea but they pay PAYE tax which is how I would define a PAYE employee :102:

They obviously pay tax on their earnings but they aren't employees the same as somebody working at Tescos or in an office.
They are more like self-employed short term contract workers.

I'm not but I don't see why you are arguing at all to be honest.They might mean they are turning up willing to work/play,if the Manager chooses not to want them to work/play then that is hardly grounds for dismisal

Cos they are shit at their job? Thats not grounds for dismissal? Do you employ people and then when they turn out to be an oxygen thief you just accept you are stuck with them forever, paying their wages???

Doesn't need to be worded any differently from any other contract.

Performance reviews etc are a widely accepted and used part of industry. Set goals, give chance to achieve, if failed issue warning/new goals where appropriate.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you are going to prove in a Court of Law that he isn't doing his job.Its no use quoting me a load of business talk straight out of a manual and saying that proves your point

Last edited:
They obviously pay tax on their earnings but they aren't employees the same as somebody working at Tescos or in an office.
They are more like self-employed short term contract workers.

They are full time employees on fixed terms contracts.

Cos they are shit at their job? Thats not grounds for dismissal? Do you employ people and then when they turn out to be an oxygen thief you just accept you are stuck with them forever, paying their wages???

No.
You are stuck with them for the duration of their contract.

footballers have contracts so they wouldnt 'be stuck with them forever'

So what deems them shit,thats just your opinion that he's shit.That would not stand up in Court...try again

So what deems them shit,thats just your opinion that he's shit.That would not stand up in Court...try again

Your opinion as his employer that he can't/isn't doing his job doesnt count for anything?? Ludicrous. How does anyone ever dismiss anyone in that case?? Beyond ridiculous.

Your opinion as his employer that he can't/isn't doing his job doesnt count for anything?? Ludicrous. How does anyone ever dismiss anyone in that case?? Beyond ridiculous.

Because they turn up and refuse to work or commit an act of gross misconduct,those acts being listed in the contract they signed.Alan Maybury has not committed one.I've dismissed people so I do know what i'm talking about

Really??? Do they get paid time + 1/2 for working saturdays then? :icon_lol:

The FA insist that all payments made under the terms of the Contract are made via PAYE. It seems outrageous to me as that may not be there only source of income so in that scenario a corporate structure might have been more appropriate but I suppose it is done to prevent monies being paid "under the counter". :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669