Maynard now up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it, the Chairman says they are " changing tack slightly ". I would have thought " we're sh@tting bricks 'cos he's going to leave on a free " would be nearer the mark.

The Bristol media guy on twitter says they couldn't accept offers in the summer from the one club that bid, as Maynard made it clear he had no intention of signing for that team.

The Bristol media guy on twitter says they couldn't accept offers in the summer from the one club that bid, as Maynard made it clear he had no intention of signing for that team.

That's rubbish, if that was the case why did they not just accept the offers and let Maynard turn us down himself?

If the media stories are anything to go by, he'll be heading off to Fulham.

If he had already made it clear to them he would not come to us under any circumstances, what's the point?

These are the exact posts, just in case I misrepresented them in anyway.

"For those saying 'should have sold in the summer', only had bids from one club; Nicky made clear he would not join that club. "

And their Chairman "Nicky will have say in what happens. We only had one bid in summer, he wouldn't have wanted to move."

If he had already made it clear to them he would not come to us under any circumstances, what's the point?

"For those saying 'should have sold in the summer', only had bids from one club; Nicky made clear he would not join that club. "

And their Chairman "Nicky will have say in what happens. We only had one bid in summer, he wouldn't have wanted to move."

Well, they're bound to say that now that everyone is wondering why they didn't cash in when they could have.

"Why did you turn down that reported 6 million quid then?"

"Errrrrrrm... He didn't want to go there."

What's the point of rejecting it as well?

If anything, it's better to accept then allow NM to come out and tell that club he doesn't want to move, to stop us coming back with increased offers as we kept doing.

Last edited:
What's the point of rejecting it as well?

If anything, it's better to accept then allow NM to come out and tell that club he doesn't want to move, to stop us coming back with increased offers as we kept doing.

We don't know what was said in conversations with Andrew Neville etc. Maybe we were told the circumstances but thought throwing money at Bristol and Maynard would change things.

Well, they're bound to say that now that everyone is wondering why they didn't cash in when they could have.

"Why did you turn down that reported 6 million quid then?"

"Errrrrrrm... He didn't want to go there."

We live in the age of player power, if he really wanted to come then he could have made it happen that end. He's looked like he's been after a bosman from the start.

We don't know what was said in conversations with Andrew Neville etc. Maybe we were told the circumstances but thought throwing money at Bristol and Maynard would change things.

I still think it's just BristolC defending their backs, as to why they didn't accept a big money bid when it looks stupid now.

Dangerous game to play when players and agents can deny those things.

Why would they though?

with Crewe due a slice of the cake they may be lucky to get back what they paid

Because Nicky hates liers. :icon_bigg

Well if he made it perfectly clear he didn't want to come to Leicester, why didn't they come out and say it in the summer? They made several statements about the bids, saying they wouldn't sell to a championship club. Seems their tune has changed now. Also, why would we have made repeated bids over several weeks if the player had no intention whatsoever of joining us? I don't care what anyone says, we will have sounded out their agent over the possibility of a potential move - it happens all the time in the modern game. Their version of things is full of holes and sounds like bollocks to me.

They're going to get nothing like the money we offered for him and now they're desperately scrabbling to sell him to try and recoup something on one of their only saleable assets and they've made up some ridiculous lie to try and keep the price up.

I'm sure Boc was saying in the Summer that he was under the impression Maynard was keen on moving to us. Maybe I imagined it though, there were a lot of rumours going on then with regards to different players moving to us.

If he wasn't interested in the summer, with all the pre-season hype around Leicester City, then he certainly won't be interested now that we are looking like a run-of-the-mill mid-table side

Well if he made it perfectly clear he didn't want to come to Leicester, why didn't they come out and say it in the summer? They made several statements about the bids, saying they wouldn't sell to a championship club. Seems their tune has changed now.

Maybe Maynard hold told them he would only leave for a premier league team, which is why they said they wouldn't sell to a championship team (they knew he wouldn't go). That's certainly what most Bristol insiders were saying from day one on their forums.

Them putting the story out about our bids was probably to drum up business, many clubs do that.

Also, why would we have made repeated bids over several weeks if the player had no intention whatsoever of joining us? I don't care what anyone says, we will have sounded out their agent over the possibility of a potential move - it happens all the time in the modern game.

All press is good press, keeps his name in the papers etc. Or we thought throwing £'s at it would change the situation. It's not unfeasible.

They're going to get nothing like the money we offered for him and now they're desperately scrabbling to sell him to try and recoup something on one of their only saleable assets and they've made up some ridiculous lie to try and keep the price up.

Most of their fans were resigned to him leaving on a free at the end of the season anyway. After his "contract negotiations" went passed a month they all gave up hope reading their forums.

You can't rule out scenario.

If he wasn't interested in the summer, with all the pre-season hype around Leicester City, then he certainly won't be interested now that we are looking like a run-of-the-mill mid-table side
He'd probably feel more at home now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570