Maynard now up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares less what he went for, he obviously didn't want to join City and has probably only gone to West Ham because he sees them as certainties for promotion, Maynard was looking for guaranteed Premier League Football (or at least sitting on the bench in at a Premier League team) and a massive payday. I think Bristol would have been happy to sell when we came in for him but didn't want to been seen to push him out of the door.

Who cares less what he went for, he obviously didn't want to join City and has probably only gone to West Ham because he sees them as certainties for promotion, Maynard was looking for guaranteed Premier League Football (or at least sitting on the bench in at a Premier League team) and a massive payday. I think Bristol would have been happy to sell when we came in for him but didn't want to been seen to push him out of the door.

An expensive luxury rather than a sound business decision particularly as fans didn't seem to be kicking up about him leaving for a high fee.

But as Jeff said, if the player wasn't convinced we were Prem bound & maybe he prefers to live further south than Leicester

Bristol chairman must have the same financial advisor as Phil Gartside!!

Looks like it has saved us a few quid so far though as its not like Maynard has been on fire so far this year!!

aren't Crewe owed 25%?

Crewe are due a percentage of any profit Bristol City paid for him. But the initial fee is lower than they paid for him, so Crewe won't get any of it. I think there are add-ons based on promotion etc, that could mean they get something at a later date.

Crewe should get something as a result of us signing Ben Marshall though.

Shame they won't get anything from Maynard as they really are a good club that is ran well and deserve to be a lot higher up in the leagues than what they are.

Anyone any idea on how many Premiership players they have produced over the years as I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than any other club in the country!? Certainly got to be the highest excluding any of the teams that have been up there for a long time.

Last edited:
Anyone any idea on how many Premiership players they have produced over the years as I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than any other club in the country!? Certainly got to be the highest excluding any of the teams that have been up there for a long time.

What they do well is pick players up who have been released by teams like Man U and Liverpool, and give them a second chance. The likes of Neil Lennon, Robbie Savage, David Platt, and the next big Prem star Ben Marshall have gone down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669