McCarthy Plus Cash For Matt Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
£500k profit on someone who was a liability from a discipline point of view and we did not suffer dramatically when he was out of the side. I always thought McAuley and Kisnorbo made a better pair. Good bit of business by Milan/Martin. If they will just put the money towards a big fast striker, or a big fast midfielder! I am fed up watching a team full of slow midgets!

No, but I know someone who does (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Nothing to do with Charlton, but we've signed Izale McLeod. Could be unveiled tomorrow, but more than likely Thursday. A fee of approx £1.3M .... You heard it first here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

from down the bottom of the charlton board - posted by the same guy

http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5633&st=40

errr?? is tomorrow not thursday? or have i overslept again?:icon_conf

errr?? is tomorrow not thursday? or have i overslept again?:icon_conf

It was posted yesterday, so it could have been today or tomorrow. Nothing at the minute, so guess it will be tomorrow :102:

ah! so izael mccloud then ...................................... triffic:icon_cry:

It was posted yesterday, so it could have been today or tomorrow. Nothing at the minute, so guess it will be tomorrow :102:

It certainly wasn't announced yesterday.

Just reading a couple of forums, many Aussies rate Kisnorbo as now their 1st choice centre-half, he was superb against Uruguay at the weekend according to them.

I can't spell appartently.......

Last edited:
I cannot believe that anybody could be unhappy that we have managed to get 650k for a player who has limited ability and a poor disciplinary record, before this story broke I would have been pleased if we had got half that fee.

Lets be positive and hope that these types of sales helps fund moves for better players who can take us to the next level and beyond.

£500k profit on someone who was a liability from a discipline point of view and we did not suffer dramatically when he was out of the side. I always thought McAuley and Kisnorbo made a better pair. Good bit of business by Milan/Martin. If they will just put the money towards a big fast striker, or a big fast midfielder! I am fed up watching a team full of slow midgets!

Not having a go at you M-TBT, but I do not understand this attitude. If I read this right, you lot would have been happy to see Walsh go very early in his career at Leicester based on his disciplinary record, yet everyone goes on about what a legend Walshy is (correctly in my view), but forget about how many times he was sent off early in his Leicester career.

For me, I wish him all the very best and will follow his career with interest.

P.S. I'd rather have his style of committment than most of the rest of the teams committment last season.

Not having a go at you M-TBT, but I do not understand this attitude. If I read this right, you lot would have been happy to see Walsh go very early in his career at Leicester based on his disciplinary record, yet everyone goes on about what a legend Walshy is (correctly in my view), but forget about how many times he was sent off early in his Leicester career.

For me, I wish him all the very best and will follow his career with interest.

P.S. I'd rather have his style of committment than most of the rest of the teams committment last season.

He might've been committed but he was shit, Walshie was committed and a good player with it. No comparison if you ask me

So Walshy was brilliant from the moment he joined us, and the sendings off did not cost us any games/points but PM's did. :icon_roll :icon_wink

No he wasn't admittedly, but by the time he was 24 he was starting to look a decent prospect and was being eyed by Spurs and other bigger clubs.

McCarthy is now 24, having captained a club side and an international U21 side and looks worse than when he first joined. He cant get into our side which isn't good defensively and is joining Charlton (TBC) as cover for Diawara(looks shocking) and Bougherra...

By the time Walsh was 24 though he'd made over 200 first team appearances, Paddy hasn't even made 100.

No he wasn't admittedly, but by the time he was 24 he was starting to look a decent prospect and was being eyed by Spurs and other bigger clubs.

McCarthy is now 24, having captained a club side and an international U21 side and looks worse than when he first joined. He cant get into our side which isn't good defensively and is joining Charlton (TBC) as cover for Diawara(looks shocking) and Bougherra...

But hang on, if he has not played how has he cost us all these points everyone goes on about, are you saying other players are actually responsible? :038:

But hang on, if he has not played how has he cost us all these points everyone goes on about, are you saying other players are actually responsible? :038:

he is not good enough for where we want to go and if we can get rid of him for any fee then so be it. End of.

Not too fussed either way to be honest, £650k is a good piece of business for a player who does always give 100% but is very rash and at times a liability. Not even the captaincy could help his suspect temprement.

Based on the fact we have endured 3 seasons of chronic under achievement I would be loathed to criticise the club for getting rid of any of the current squad who at times have been an embarrasment to themselves and the club.

Summed up brilliantly as usual Pinky! :038:

he's not played due to his poor disciplinary record and cavalier challenge which resulted in a dislocated shoulder... How can I blame anyone, they've all been so impressive this season :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669