McCarthy Plus Cash For Matt Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.
If McCarthy is going to Charlton for 650k then that is very good business. I think PMc was just another victim of the poor management at the Club as any number of other players seemed to have gone backwards as well. It is probably in his interest as much as the Club's that he leaves.

He is the type of player that will appeal to Managers as we can all see something there but sadly not an end product at the moment. There will be a Manager out there that always thinks that they can get the best out of that type of player. :icon_roll

I wish him well and hope that he has a bright future except against Leicester City and England. ;) :023:

Sorry to see him go but it was on the cards. Still think he will be a decent player. Bit worried if De Zeeuw comes in, it will leave a 36years paired up with a 37 year old in the centre of out defence. I'm sure they will be targeted by a lot of managers with nippy forwards.

Last edited:
Sorry to see him go but it was on the cards. Still think he will be a decent player. Bit worried if De Zeeuw comes in, it will leave a 36years paired up with a 37 year old in the centre of out defence. I'm sure they will be targeted by a lot of managers with nippy forwards.

Doesn't matter as we will score one more at the other end. ;)

Last edited:
:081::081::081: i thought i was having a good dream, McCarthy for 650k :icon_eek: bloody hell, i thought he'd be one we have to release, great bit of business, i certainly won't miss him, he was a liability!

Paddy M still had potential but was 3rd choice before the new signings, so a good bit of business overall. I hope we do hang on to both PK and GM though.

Exactly, we should get rid of the rumour thread. It's ridiculous expecting people to notice stuff in a thread that's got over 2,000 posts in it.

Can't you just do it Jeff? I never readthe rumours thread and it just fuels xxx more emails on every thread about which thread a post should be posted on!

Why do people keep saying this?

The only reason he missed games last season was due to injury and suspension, he was always in the team when he was available.

People are saying it because right now the general consensus is that no one likes Paddy McCarthy because he picked up a few red cards during his time here. Forget the fact that he worked his bollocks off and happily played with a broken nose, forget the fact that he gave a shit...he made a mistake...you aren't allowed to do that but you can turn a blind eye to the red cards that McAuley and Kisnorbo got towards the end of the season and the own goal that McAuley scored because they are the shit and McCarthy drowns kittens as a hobby.

It is also MA rose tinted spectacles silly season where he can do no wrong until he loses a game and then the whole Leicester community will hunt him down and stone him to death.

I personally would like to reserve the right to my opinion that no good business has yet been done.

Also don't know if it has been said (can't be arsed to trawl through this whole thread) but why would we be trading anything for a player (Holland) who is currently available on a free.:icon_conf

Also don't know if it has been said (can't be arsed to trawl through this whole thread) but why would we be trading anything for a player (Holland) who is currently available on a free.:icon_conf

TNBD is negotiating for us on this deal, that is why :icon_wink

who is going to be the signing that we will all sit up and take notice of? or is that Tops tiles?

People are saying it because right now the general consensus is that no one likes Paddy McCarthy because he picked up a few red cards during his time here. Forget the fact that he worked his bollocks off and happily played with a broken nose, forget the fact that he gave a shit...he made a mistake...you aren't allowed to do that but you can turn a blind eye to the red cards that McAuley and Kisnorbo got towards the end of the season and the own goal that McAuley scored because they are the shit and McCarthy drowns kittens as a hobby.

It is also MA rose tinted spectacles silly season where he can do no wrong until he loses a game and then the whole Leicester community will hunt him down and stone him to death.

I personally would like to reserve the right to my opinion that no good business has yet been done.

Sorry Pinky, but this is the best summary! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670