MDV to Dunfirmline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
i'm only pleased if this leads to a loanee coming in

Yeah we could get another Centre Half to replace Gerrbrand..

My understanding is that the club wish that at the time of the loan to Heerenveen (?) that with hindsight they should have just 'mutually' cancelled his contract and he could have signed for them permenantly.

I would imagine that with Dunfermline that they would try and do the same thing, but if all else fails, loan him out.

Dunc said:
My understanding is that the club wish that at the time of the loan to Heerenveen (?) that with hindsight they should have just 'mutually' cancelled his contract and he could have signed for them permenantly.

I would imagine that with Dunfermline that they would try and do the same thing, but if all else fails, loan him out.

loan him out, his record in scotchland wasnt too bad and he wont break the bank for any team up there so even if we were to loan him out during his remaining contract at least the wages are off our hands

Get rid. If we're not going to play him then we need to not spend the money on wages IMO.

fitz said:
... if we were to loan him out during his remaining contract at least the wages are off our hands

Sorry to bang on about this but that is not necessarily true. Many clubs continue to pay all or part of a loaned player's wages. Dunfermline are unlikely to be able to pay MdV as much as his City contract gives him, so it is likely that we will have to continue to pay him the difference at the very least.

Who do you think paid Ryan Smith's wages while he was on loan to us?

If MdV goes out on loan, it is likely that we will save some of his wages is the best that can be said.

alex said:
I'd love to see the source of this article. Anyone got a link?

BBC transfer speculation page on their football site.

They are looking for a Striker,they've got two injured long term I think.

Dunc said:
BBC transfer speculation page on their football site.

So the BBC got it from the Daily Express who got it from some bloke who got confused over the fact that Dunfermline have recently signed a keeper called de Vries!

And even then it's only a one-in-three chance.

These things tend to come in Vries.

Sorry.

Recognition at last!!!!!!

if we get rid of mdv we will be weak in depth at the front, unless you all got good faith in hammond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669