MDV to Dunfirmline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGit

Agreed, 5 players who, seemingly, want to be with the club. MDV, while I think he still has a lot to offer if used correctly, clearly doesn't, so IMO is the least valuable.

fitz

bocadillo said:
Sorry to bang on about this but that is not necessarily true. Many clubs continue to pay all or part of a loaned player's wages. Dunfermline are unlikely to be able to pay MdV as much as his City contract gives him, so it is likely that we will have to continue to pay him the difference at the very least.

Who do you think paid Ryan Smith's wages while he was on loan to us?

If MdV goes out on loan, it is likely that we will save some of his wages is the best that can be said.

arse will have paid smith's wages as it is of benefit to them that he gets practise. in MdVs case, if he isnt loaned for the full wage amount it'd be better of terminating his contract with some sort of 'agreement' than to pay for a player for a season when we have no chance to use him as he is playing elsewhere

Blaby blue blood

Sorry to Disappoint

'Dunfermline have failed in a bid to sign Mark de Vries from Leicester on loan because of the striker's wage demands. (Daily Express)'

Cate Fox

what a tosser.... seems he is quite happy to sit on the bench collecting cash and splinters

alex

Cate Fox said:
what a tosser.... seems he is quite happy to sit on the bench collecting cash and splinters

So you would happily take a reduced wage in a similar job?

Cate Fox

oh come on, he hasnt really got a chance getting in the first team here. You would think he would take the chance of first team football elsewhere, no?

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
If its a loan deal then his wages would remain the same, he is contracted to LCFC. If the deal has broken down due to wages then its more likely that LCFC were not happy with what Dunfermaline were offering towards his hideously inflated pay packet.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Durham Fox said:
If its a loan deal then his wages would remain the same, he is contracted to LCFC. If the deal has broken down due to wages then its more likely that LCFC were not happy with what Dunfermaline were offering towards his hideously inflated pay packet.

Agreed. I was about to write the same thing but I think there are a couple of extra things to add. Even if the deal was a permanent one, would it be reasonable to expect him to move if his remuneration were to be reduced?

Other reasons that the deal has broken down might be that MdV was trying to get more money (seems unlikely) or that City don't really want him to go (?). The most likely scenario is, as you suggest, City and Dunfremline were just unable to agree who should pay how much of his salary.

I still expect him to move out, but I guess there may be a lot more specualtion before he does. When does the transfer window close?

alex

I think we live in cloud cuckoo land if we feel that any worker will take a pay cut to do the same job elsewhere. Who knows if it means he'll have first team experience? The only thing MDV knows I assume is that if he'd moved to Dunfermline he'd be getting less money!

Lboro fox

alex said:
I think we live in cloud cuckoo land if we feel that any worker will take a pay cut to do the same job elsewhere. Who knows if it means he'll have first team experience? The only thing MDV knows I assume is that if he'd moved to Dunfermline he'd be getting less money!

I did!!! Well i similar job, as it will work out better in the future, but i guess deep freeze is a bit old to be taking pay-cuts in order to earn a move elsewhere on more cash. So probably cant blame him really.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
alex said:

Then he will see out his contract here, NOBODY will offer him the same deal he is on here.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Lboro fox said:
I did!!! Well i similar job, as it will work out better in the future, but i guess deep freeze is a bit old to be taking pay-cuts in order to earn a move elsewhere on more cash. So probably cant blame him really.

That's something that you can afford to do when you're on the way up, but would be an unwise thing to do when you'tr on the way down. Perhaps MdV knows in which direction he's heading.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Durham Fox said:
Then he will see out his contract here, NOBODY will offer him the same deal he is on here.

It's not necessary for him to be offered the same deal. All it needs is for the player, his new club and City to work out a deal where everybody gains. In other words, for City to pay in compensation the difference between his contracted pay and what he earns at a new club.

Now, City have a player that they don't want and are having to pay all his wages with no prospect of him playing. MdV is an unhappy player - he wants to be playing. Dunfermline need a striker. Nobody has what they want.

It could be different.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
bocadillo said:
It's not necessary for him to be offered the same deal. All it needs is for the player, his new club and City to work out a deal where everybody gains. In other words, for City to pay in compensation the difference between his contracted pay and what he earns at a new club.

Now, City have a player that they don't want and are having to pay all his wages with no prospect of him playing. MdV is an unhappy player - he wants to be playing. Dunfermline need a striker. Nobody has what they want.

It could be different.

Agreed. I would imagine this was discussed with Dunfermaline when they wanted to loan him but they clearly werent offering enough to make it worthwhile. I have it on good authority MdV is the highest paid player at the club by some way so it's understnadable really.

Lboro fox

I would think (assuming the papers are correct) that dunfermline have offered such a small sum to city that we may as well keep him. If we are only going save £400-500 per week, maybe RK has decided that if that is all we are going to get then he may as well stay and fight for his place.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Durham Fox said:
Agreed. I would imagine this was discussed with Dunfermaline when they wanted to loan him but they clearly werent offering enough to make it worthwhile. I have it on good authority MdV is the highest paid player at the club by some way so it's understnadable really.
Lboro fox said:
I would think (assuming the papers are correct) that dunfermline have offered such a small sum to city that we may as well keep him. If we are only going save £400-500 per week, maybe RK has decided that if that is all we are going to get then he may as well stay and fight for his place.

I think the figure is likely to be more than £400-£500 a week, but clearly less than City expect. Perhaps City think there is a better offer to come, either from Dunfermilne or elsewhere. I don't think though that we can expect Dunfermline to wreck their wages structure just to help Leicester City and MdV out of the pickle they have got themselves into - they would be wise to learn by our mistakes. :icon_wink

I doubt very much that RK wants MdV to stay and fight for his place. I think we would have seen some more clear indication of that - he didn't even play at Hinckley, did he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669