Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, them tactics work well with Stowell

Stowell wasn't an all time Leicester great who had actually won things here like Taggs. Makes a difference. Taggs pointing to his badge means something, the likes of Stowell trying it means SFA.

Stowell wasn't an all time Leicester great who had actually won things here like Taggs. Makes a difference. Taggs pointing to his badge means something, the likes of Stowell trying it means SFA.

Exactly, Taggs has won trophies, played a massive part in the most successful ever City side, played at the top level consistently for years including international football. Far more than any of the current squad can allude to, IMO Taggs would command respect from the dressing room.

I’m not going to be a drama queen and cry or threaten to hand back my season ticket or anything like that. I’ll do what I’ll normally do:

I’ll go to matches, get behind the team, get behind the new manager and support them 100%. If Megson gives us any reason to be criticised after his appointment then so be it. From now on, I do not give a flying **** what he’s done before. All I care about is what happens at Leicester City and I obviously hope Megson is successful for us.

He’ll be getting a welcome to the club from me as a fan and at the end of the day, if he turns out to be the wrong appointment, it’ll be down to Mandaric to sort it out.

"Gary Megson's Blue & White Army"

IMO MM has only made Taggs a coach to sweeten the sour taste left in our mouths by him Appointin Megson.
I really hope im wrong but i have got a really bad feeling about the rest of this season if Megson was any good he wouldnt have been out of management for 18months and he was considering a coaching role with stoke last week.

I think so too. Milan is very conscious of fans' reactions and will certainly know that the Megson appointment is disappointing and uninspiring to many so he had to com up with a sop to the populace.

We shouldn't focus on speculative issues like whether popular former players are possibly going to be moved up to more senior positions at some unspecified time - what matters is who is in charge now. Also there is no evidence whatsoever to show that former crowd favourites will make potential coaches or managers.

As far as i am concerned: it's Megson which feels like a let down - tho' I appreciate that we fans have an unrealistic notion of the attractiveness of the club - and we just have to hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Not proof exactly, more a gut feeling!

You never seen him shake one of our own defenders when he made a mistake then? Can't recall who it was now but remember a match at Filbo when he went ballistic at one of ours and had to be pulled away by Matt Elliott.

It was Savage........... but those kind of thuggish out bursts will not make a good manager.

I’m not going to be a drama queen and cry or threaten to hand back my season ticket or anything like that. I’ll do what I’ll normally do:

I’ll go to matches, get behind the team, get behind the new manager and support them 100%. If Megson gives us any reason to be criticised after his appointment then so be it. From now on, I do not give a flying **** what he’s done before. All I care about is what happens at Leicester City and I obviously hope Megson is successful for us.

He’ll be getting a welcome to the club from me as a fan and at the end of the day, if he turns out to be the wrong appointment, it’ll be down to Mandaric to sort it out.

Someone with some common sense .... halle ****ing lujha :038: :038:

Yes it means fcuk all

Ah well, as the Irishman said when giving directions " If I were you I wouldn't start from here ", but I shall continue to give the team my full support and hope for the best, as usual.

So in our position, with or without MM's money, in the Championship with a bad 3 year record, who do you think we are capable of attracting?

correct boy genius....it just shows how far we have sunk in recent times...we are light years behind....mm was always going to appoint sme 1 out of work desperate to get back into the game.talk of dowie and davies was just a smoke screen for this hugely disapointing appointment...GUTTED

:038::038::038::038::038::038:

In fairness Roy Keane was more than a bit thuggish on the pitch, but he seems to have settled into management well, no eveidence to say whether Taggs will be good or bad but one thing is for certain he should not be judged on his ability or style as a player and neither should judgement be passed based on the failings of previous ex players being appointed as manager.

I'm not a fan of Megson. He always cames across as obnoxious in interviews and generally as neither a 'thinker' or a 'people person' (which are the two types of manager you tend to find in the premier league)
He reeks of lower league, petty minded politics and attrtition and not of goodfootball based strong tactical decision making.
If Taggart, Izzet and Elliot have their coaching badges then i'd be ALL OVER the idea of them being involved at the club. It might help to imbue a bit of the spirit of the mid nineties into the current squad.
Having said that the equation of new manager + old favourites + enormous new squad = potential fireworks and upset all over the place.
If Mandaric hasn't thought this through 100% then he needs to hope that these characters can develop an unlikely chemistry quite quickly.
On the bright side. We've got some points on the board and we've got Kaebi and Ferreira looking like they are going to add some serious pace to the 16 and provide some competition to the current midfield. (btw - don't shout it too loud - but someon might remember that Fryatt is a really good finisher if he keeps scoring 4 goals a week in the reserves)
We need to make sure that we batter QPR on saturday and get things off to a decent start.
Nothing makes a new managerial team look better than a 3-0 home win!
COME ON THE FOXES
it's not about the bullshit, it's about being a city fan. We'll still be here when all of this lot have gone. so it's about us, not them.

:038::038::038:

Well said :038: but my instinct is still telling me to say "what the feck....". Will still support them, whatever happens.

Last edited:
POTHETIC.....we should all let mm know what we think when this is announced at saturdays game 4 ****sake

:icon_roll :icon_roll

You are exactly what we don't need. Why don't you **** off and support another team.

The guy has got experience of getting out of the championship. We do not know the situation at Forest when he got relegated (Other than it was ****ing funny...) I have read recently (On newsnow somewhere, but was about a week ago and I can't be arsed to find the link) that he had shaft-all money and took over a squad that was already struggling. Megson would not be taking over in similar circumstances here.
Not at all, he had money to spend, shame he just played hoofball all day long though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669