Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't obvious why he was sacked to me. What makes you say that?

Please explain why you think Megson is a 'nodding dog'.
I could accuse him of a lot of things, but 'nodding dog' wouldn't be a phrase that comes to mind.

By Reputation i agree, he has never been a yes man.
I wonder how desperate he is now though.......

I could accuse him of a lot of things, but 'nodding dog' wouldn't be a phrase that comes to mind.

Agreed, in fact I think from memory he spent most of his time at West Brom not speaking to the chairman at that time (Amusingly, Mr Peace I believe).

If we had appointed any of the leading managerial lights, probably barring MON for all he had already done here, there would be moaning...:icon_roll

BG would have moaned about MON.

It's the degree of moaning though. I don't know of anyone who wanted Megson. A lot wanted Jewell, a few wanted Warnock. But no one on here suggested Megson as their first choice...or second choice..or third choice.

BG would have moaned about MON.

It's the degree of moaning though. I don't know of anyone who wanted Megson. A lot wanted Jewell, a few wanted Warnock. But no one on here suggested Megson as their first choice...or second choice..or third choice.

And I am sure no one did. We all sit there and hope it is some great appointment, maybe a Jewell, maybe a Wenger... but it looks like it is Megson. As I said, he is no-one's first choice, but he is not necessarily the worst name mentioned.

Normally you are high Satan of Devil's Advocates on here, surprised to see you so anti this appointment.

i think this appointment is based on taggs to become manager later on, maybe it could work, we'll have to wait and see

Well that would obviously follow the stated criteria of needing someone of managing at the highest level.........so make an appointment ready for someone who has no managerial experience & far less than the one just sacked.

I usually try to see both sides of an argument. But I can't think of anything positive to say about Megson. Other than that he got the trees relegated.

I will give you a positive. He is not Roeder. Who has been a failure in every appointment.

But the Trees being relegated is a great feat. And amusingly if appointed could be his first game.

Well that would obviously follow the stated criteria of needing someone of managing at the highest level.........so make an appointment ready for someone who has no managerial experience & far less than the one just sacked.

Yes, but don't forget he's an ex-City player, that always gets the not rights creaming themselves, regardless of the ex-player's talent or lack of.

Well all the animosity seemed to start when Allen refused to sign JFH, who Mandaric obviously wanted. MA was becoming a presonailty who the fans liked.

Maybe obvious wasnt the right word but it seems hard to argue that Mandaric wants long term success for the club when he replaces a popular up and coming manager who appears to be doing a good job and has just got a good result with a twice failed has been. To put it bluntly he saw MA as a threat who needed to be neutralised asap.

Megson, Roeder are people who would struggle to get a job anywhere in football, let alone the top 2 tiers. Megson will be so grateful to have signed off that he'll do whatever MM wants him to.

He's not top of my list, but I doubt we're top of his.

Let's face reality, he aint the best Manager but he aint the worst and we aint the best club, but we aint the worst, so let's not be under any delusions here.

Maybe it's a match that will work, only time will tell, so that's when I'll judge him, in time.

God knows where you get your views from? You're likely a creepy sidekick to MM.. you are Smithers.

I hope he comes in and does a wicked job. Then maybe some of you negative so called supporters will shut up for once.

Rather than being against a guy whose not had a chance to show us what he can or can't do, why don't you accept it's happening and get on with supporting your team.

Because we loyally lined up behind the last bloke & MM only gave him 5 minutes.

Whoever it was this time is going to be under far greater fan scrutiny & need much longer to gain faith from the fans.

The only positive for me on Megson, is that MM thinks the next manager the fans will want sack, so Megson is the fall guy & then we can grab the preferred target who isn't available just now (say Jewell not ready or Davies/Dowie await fallout with current clubs)....

but that would write this season off...

The only positive for me on Megson, is that MM thinks the next manager the fans will want sack, so Megson is the fall guy & then we can grab the preferred target who isn't available just now (say Jewell not ready or Davies/Dowie await fallout with current clubs)....

Well if that happens things have certainly moved on. In the past few years we've only sacked one manager per season, 2 is a massive improvement.

Well all the animosity seemed to start when Allen refused to sign JFH, who Mandaric obviously wanted. MA was becoming a presonailty who the fans liked.

Maybe obvious wasnt the right word but it seems hard to argue that Mandaric wants long term success for the club when he replaces a popular up and coming manager who appears to be doing a good job and has just got a good result with a twice failed has been. To put it bluntly he saw MA as a threat who needed to be neutralised asap.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand the point you are making.
MA was a threat because he might be successful?

Megson, Roeder are people who would struggle to get a job anywhere in football, let alone the top 2 tiers. Megson will be so grateful to have signed off that he'll do whatever MM wants him to.

Well it is all about opinions, but I think that is complete nonsense.
You are of course perfectly entitled to be nonsensical, I know I often am.

Yes, but don't forget he's an ex-City player, that always gets the not rights creaming themselves, regardless of the ex-player's talent or lack of.

I'd just say McLintock to them, end of story.

& of course our best managers never played for us

I'm sorry but I really don't understand the point you are making.
MA was a threat because he might be successful?

ie If he had got another few wins under his belt it would have been all the more difficult to remove him, no matter how many 'Trust in Milan' articles appeared in the Mercury. I'm not saying he got rid of him because he was successful but that success was less important to him that whatever his agenda is, be it a god complex or the size of his wallet.

Well it is all about opinions, but I think that is complete nonsense.
You are of course perfectly entitled to be nonsensical, I know I often am.

Well i dunno, maybe Megson wont be a yes man and maybe I'm being unfair but who else was really going to employ him? All Im saying is that if MM said 'I'll take you on as manager but you must follow every instruction I give you to the letter' he'd probably have accepted.

Maybe I am being nonsensical I'll decide in the morning when the beer and anger subsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669