Megson - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to judge a man on his last job, he was sacked by Forest. Oh dear, with him in charge we could be playing Forest next season!

An uninspiring choice of manager, presumably all we could get. I am at least as concerned about this profusion of ex city players. They will bring instant popularism, but have any of them, other than the volatile Taggs, any real experience to bring to the table?

I cant believe this choice of manager and apparantly Frank Burrows is going to be his assistant the same guy he worked with at the baggies with taggs being made coach and matty and muzzy may be given coaching roles.
does anyone else think that this is like a panic buy or does megson really have the nouse to get us into the prem?

For me this is an absolute disaster - most would agree that Megson was far and away the last name we wanted to hear, I'm really disappointed that Milan's inability to work with MA2 has lead us to being managed by this Forest reject.

I would have genuinely rather heard that we had appointed Micky Adams again than Megson.

However let me stress that while I (and others) are far from happy about this appointment (about as far away as you can get) I will support him as the manager of our club, I will not attend fewer matches as a direct result of him being named manager and I will not be ripping up my season ticket - I am a Leicester fan no matter who our manager is.

I agree with all that.

This is an immensely disappointing appointment and shows all too clearly the reluctance of 'better' candidates to work for Milan.

Nonetheless if appointed we shall have to make the best of it and hope for the best from it. Many of us could be wrong and it might work out. Doubt it, but it might.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article2442293.ece

Gary Megson will end months of frustration today by being appointed the new manager of Leicester City, the Coca-Cola Championship club, and so becoming the fourth manager of Milan Mandaric’s seven-month reign.

Mandaric had targeted Billy Davies and Iain Dowie as a successor to Martin Allen, but has failed to tempt them away from Derby County and Coventry City respectively. Megson, who has been out of work since leaving Nottingham Forest in February last year, impressed Mandaric in a three-hour interview yesterday and is expected to be given a three-year deal.

Megson led West Bromwich Albion to the top flight twice in three seasons and Mandaric believes that he is the best man to meet his target of promotion. Megson, 48, will bring in Frank Burrows as his assistant, and is expected to name Gerry Taggart as first-team coach. Ex-Leicester stars Matt Elliott and Muzzy Izzet may also be given roles on the coaching staff.

Megson is set to sit in the stands for the visit of QPR this Saturday but will be in the dug-out on Tuesday - at Forest for the Carling Cup replay.

Interesting..........

did say about that a few weeks ago ;)

bugger

Also, although the former players are great, I don't want the current coaching staff turfed out. They'll **** everything up, all the teams below the reserves are doing well and the current coaches have shown that they're fully competent. Hopefully, Mandaric will put his foot down....

lol

Last edited:
yep its on the os 1.00pm today.:icon_conf

The statistics for his time at Forest awful. He took over when they were still in the Championship and when he left in February 2006 they were 4 points off the relegation zone of Division 1.

It was reported recently that he was "working" unpaid in a coaching capacity at Stoke, in an attempt to get back into management.

Commendable? Maybe, but I think that says it all!

We've had to shop at Poundstretcher!!

We've had to shop at Poundstretcher!!
But like Aldi, what's the point in paying top whack and getting the big named beans, when the cheaper, lesser named alternative can also get the job done.

Not overly excited by Megson's appointment but with reports stating that Taggart, Elliott and Muzzy could all form part of the coaching set up, I am beginning to wonder whether Megson's stint as manager may only be to the end of the season or possibly even sooner, to groom Taggs to take over the role and Megson taking up the position of Director of Football.

Similar situation to when Bassett and Adams joined the club.

Not overly excited by Megson's appointment but with reports stating that Taggart, Elliott and Muzzy could all form part of the coaching set up, I am beginning to wonder whether Megson's stint as manager may only be to the end of the season or possibly even sooner, to groom Taggs to take over the role and Megson taking up the position of Director of Football.

i would have thought so with Elliot and Muzzy as asst and first team coach :038::038::038::038::038:

Last edited:

Think Taggs is one for the future but if he was being groomed for the job why is he only being appointed as a coach? whilst Frank Burrows is set to become assistant.IMO MM has only made Taggs a coach to sweeten the sour taste left in our mouths by him Appointin Megson.
I really hope im wrong but i have got a really bad feeling about the rest of this season if Megson was any good he wouldnt have been out of management for 18months and he was considering a coaching role with stoke last week.
Big MISTAKE Milan we will end up like Leeds !!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I know contracts these days are not worth the paper they written on, but The Times are reporting he's to be given a 3 year deal.

I don't think Megson would be up for doing the job on a short term basis IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669