Megson did a better job than Holloway so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK....

Palace's squad = far better than ours. You simply cannot compare managers at different clubs IMO.

Really ?

Scowcroft ?
Morrison ?
Kuqi ?
Hill ?
Ifill ?

Very average, if you ask me

They were BELOW us in the league when Colin took charge, and looking like a pile of steaming poo

Really ?

Scowcroft ?
Morrison ?
Kuqi ?
Hill ?
Ifill ?

They were BELOW us in the league when Colin took charge, and looking like a pile of steaming poo

Indeed average. I think all those listed would go straight into the starting eleven if they were available to us. Just shows how far we have come.

So we'll not be hearing anymore "Holloway did well at Plymouth, that's what he's achieved in his career" nonsense again then?

Never have had from me - it's not futile to look at a manager's career and previous successes, however at our level these are not to be judged on totally. Look at the job Roeder's doing at Norwich - no one wanted him either did they? Would he have done better than Warnock/Holloway? Does it matter....

Really ?

Scowcroft ?
Morrison ?
Kuqi ?
Hill ?
Ifill ?

They are much stronger IMO. Morrison is a cracking player at this level, Watson, Soares etc are better. More balance too. Less bollocks also.

Never have had from me - it's not futile to look at a manager's career and previous successes, however at our level these are not to be judged on totally.
But in Holloways case it's obviously much preferable for him to be judged on his previous career as opposed to his current one, 'cause this one aint looking too good from where I'm sitting.

But in Holloways case it's obviously much preferable for him to be judged on his previous career as opposed to his current one, 'cause this one aint looking too good from where I'm sitting.

He's not doing great here yet, but hopefully given time he will.

Really ?

Scowcroft ?
Morrison ?
Kuqi ?
Hill ?
Ifill ?

This must be a strange day, 'Biff agrees with Homer'

Warnock has been able to motivate an average side, initially with no new signings, Where so far, Ollie (supposedly known for his motivational skills) hasn't.

Ollie is not cutting it for me at the mo, but he has until the latter games to turn it around. And that will be MM choice not mine BG :icon_wink

Were people genuinely expecting Holloway to waltz in and succeed where everyone since Micky Adams has failed and get us soaring up the league table the moment he arrived??

Years of mis management can't be turned around in weeks.

Were people genuinely expecting Holloway to waltz in and succeed where everyone since Micky Adams has failed and get us soaring up the league table the moment he arrived??

No, but he told us not to judge him until he put his own squad together during the transfer window. I guess we're following instructions.

If I were to follow his instruction to the letter, I'd really let fly, but I'm still prepared to sit thorugh a bit more shite yet.

Nobody expected that

When he took over we were 17th in the league

17 games later we are now 20th in the league

I think even the most miserable fecker on the planet might have hoped (with good reason) to have seen something better than that

He's not doing great here yet, but hopefully given time he will.

15 games to go.

So im guessing 9 games to turn it around.

Is that enough time Alex, because you know MM will swing the axe after that if we are still where we are.

Dont be surprised if Norwich ain't his last game , with Dowie moving in to the hot seat.

And for the BM's, here's another name you didn't want to give a chance when GM left , GLENN ROEDER :045:

No, but he told us not to judge him until he put his own squad together during the transfer window. I guess we're following instructions.

If I were to follow his instruction to the letter, I'd really let fly, but I'm still prepared to sit thorugh a bit more shite yet.

The transfer window which closed little more than a week ago? :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670